Group: Specific Diets & Nutrition

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 104, Messages: 22775

With so many diets and nutritional plans out there, you can get lost. Find out what works best for others and share your experiences!

Join group

low down on fats.........(ahem bb1)

bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2004/08/24, 11:43 PM
I'd like a broke down, for the stupid college student explanation of the fats: sat, un sat, monsat, stuff liek that. I knwo what the good fats are omega 3s 6s but can some one( ahem bb1) help me out?

--------------
if you kick a tiger in the @$$ , you then have to descide what to do with the teath end.

any guy can hold a girl by the hand, but only the select few can hold her by her feet!
neiltilley
neiltilley
United Kingdom
2004/08/25, 04:26 AM
forget technical jargon eat known good fats but still in a controlled diet.

these can help burn bad fat, control risks of cancer/digestive disorders etc... etc... ie good for you=
avacodo,nuts(plain unsalted),brazil nuts, walnuts, seeds, flax seed, pumpkin, oats, olives and olive oil, white fish or better- sardine,mackerel,salmon,pilchard, and don't buy these products as pre-packed sugar added, sodium added etc... buy as much clean or fresh untouched.

eat less bad fat or little of red meat, beef, egg yolk, prawns,lobster Atkins advantix low carb protein drink(it's loaded with cholesterol)

keep it simple, don't waste your time getting technical. I eat as best i can good fats near to only in my diet and try to make it 35g to 50g a day because i have had cholesterol problems in the past. normally a man average is 90g and a woman 70g i think.
anyone else wanna add something?
ABmagic
ABmagic
United States
2004/08/25, 10:23 AM
even worse than Sat. fat is trans fat. Avoid trans fat at all costs. It's unlike any of the other fats; extremely bad for the body.

Trans fat is found in foods that have "partially hydrogenated" or "fractionated" in the ingredients list.
2004/08/25, 10:32 AM
Andrew, basically processed foods have bad fats. If it comes ready to eat in a box or a bag, its probably full of bad fats to make it taste good. Cooked oils are almost always bad no matter what kind. Solids like butter,margerine,lard or shortening are even worse when they are heated/liquified for cooking. I imagine in a cafeteria setting it's more difficult to know exactly how it was prepared. If you can get it baked, broiled, boiled or raw its usually going to be a better choice.

--------------
Dances with Buffalos

Charlie
kakaroto
kakaroto
El Salvador
2004/08/25, 12:18 PM
while reaindg this thread neiltilley said that normally a man average is 90g of fats.

i am 17 yeras old and started to really get into my caloric intake. dong this i realize that i only consummed 20g i think it is not enough in order to my muscles to growth. so i raised it to 60. that is 15% of my caloric intake.

should i raise it a bit more?
what do you think?

thx,
kakaroto
kakaroto
kakaroto
El Salvador
2004/08/31, 09:54 AM
cmon i need a lil´help
asimmer
asimmer
United States