Group: Men's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 252, Messages: 6838

A place for men to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

Love Handles and 6 Pack

Mattphi
Mattphi
United States
2006/03/11, 05:45 PM
I have read through the post about getting a 6 pack and i can see what i have to do. I used to have pretty nice abs back in high school when i was very active in sports but ive been out of it for a while now. I just have a thin layer of fat and some "love handles". Im looking for a way to at least get rid of the handles and lean up around the stomache section. Right now i do about 30-45+ min of cardio about 4 times a week and i try to eat the best i can. What else is there to do, any good exercises i can do?
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2006/03/11, 11:28 PM
It is all about diet. Intelligent nutrient intake, along with energy expenditure is your only option. No magic. Stay with it.

--------------
Strength and Honor!
2006/03/13, 01:59 AM
you want 6pack? then do HEAVY....FULL RANGE OF MOTION....freeweight exercises like squats, deadlifts, chin ups, goodmornings, dips, bench presses, bent over rows, etc...no secret....doing direct ab work will help but only to an extent....and you'll have to keep increase intensity/load of the exercises....

but as bb1 already stated it's about your NET caloric intake....if you were very active when young then even though you may have eaten lots of crap junkfood....it didn't matter that much because you were expending those calories.....now that you are not as active...even when you eat fairly well...it all adds up....eating over your maintenance for a particular weight will make u gain weight....eat a cumulative 3500 calories and that's another lb...

Highly suggest you explore nutrition forum....