Group: Beginners to Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 969, Messages: 18927

Share and offer advice to beginners to the fitness world!

Join group

long time to complete exercises

mazzgolf
mazzgolf
United States
2002/07/11, 11:36 AM
I know people say your workouts should be 30 to 40 minutes long - but I can never finish my Monday routine without going 90 minutes! My current ft program has me doing 8 exercises on Mondays - and two of them are one-arm exercises, so to complete those I'm actually doing it twice (once for each arm). In essence, I'm doing 10 exercises. At 4 sets each, that's 40 sets. Consider that it takes 1 minute to do each, with 1 minute rest inbetween (on average), that 80 minutes at least!

Should I consider moving to 4 days a week? I assume that would mean the ft program would split my Monday exercises over two days.
rpacheco
rpacheco
United States
2002/07/11, 12:10 PM
Depending on the program, IMO, I think 3 days may be too compacted...at least for me. When I did the ft mass program, I chose the 5 day training split. I would probably do the 4 day split the next time around as my current PL routine has me training only 3 days per week.

If you have time, try the 4 day split. In either case, you are still benefiting from exercise.

--------------
**_Robert_**
Pain is temporary; glory is forever!
mazzgolf
mazzgolf
United States
2002/07/11, 12:21 PM
Robert - That's raises another question that I'll piggy back here :-)

I'm currently in the Progressive Gains program. I'll be finished that 8-week program in about 2 weeks. I'm thinking of moving from Progressive Gains to the 8-week Lean Muscle Gains program.

What are the differences that I can expect - I read the descriptions of these and it seems the Muscle Gains is more intensive (??)... more exercises? more weight?

Should it be something I should consider when I move to a 4-day program?