Group: Injuries & Rehabilitation

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 54, Messages: 4465

Dealing with injuries and learning how to avoid them is extremely important!

Join group

Locking Elbow

Sempai
Sempai
Canada
2002/09/15, 11:11 AM
I can't really say this is an injury, but here is whats up I have found in the past few days to a week my elbow seems to lock but only when the muscles are really pumped up. There is no pain at all just cant straighton arm I dont remember hurting or pulling any thing there has been no hyperextensions and I stretch often. I noticed it hte first time while pressing one arm went up my right did'nt as I was by myself I was glad it was with a machine, also have done it curling. Has any one else encountered this or know the cause, any ideas are welcome. Forgot to mention once the muscles have relaxed the elbow works fine once again no pain stiffness or anything.

----------------------------
Never be afraid to try something new. Remember the ark was built by amateurs, The Titanic was built by professionals.
dang
dang
Canada
2002/09/15, 03:18 PM
I've noticed this when doing machine presses or regural bench presses with a barbell. I'm just fine when using dumbells. I think dumbells put more strain on your pecs and less on you joints and elbows.

I've heard of alot of people getting injured over doing it with machines and barbells. You end up cheating and twist and push in ways your body wasn't meant to. Dumbells don't let you do this. Might be why it's hard to do as much weight with them.

You might want to give this a try instead for a while.