Group: Injuries & Rehabilitation

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 54, Messages: 4465

Dealing with injuries and learning how to avoid them is extremely important!

Join group

left arm going to sleep

bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2004/07/28, 08:58 PM
This is an off and on thing that happends. Somtimes I wake up an dmy whole arm is asleep/numb. Somtimes it happens when I drive, or if i'm in a theater with my arms on the rests. My arms resently just grew a lil bit from my hard training, which i'm not complaining......howeve rmy arm going numb isn't fun. Today when I trained arms doing curls, if my arms straightened, it felt liek it was trying too. A school doc told me its just cause my arm sare so big and heavy, they push on a nerve or somthing? Does anyoen elese have this trouble?

--------------
if you kick a tiger in the @$$ , you then have to descide what to do with the teath end.

any guy can hold a girl by the hand, but only the select few can hold her by her feet!
2004/07/28, 09:02 PM
Yep, wait till you're a geezer B.A. You're just getting old.:big_smile::big_smile: Young pups think they're tough. They have no clue.:)

--------------
Waterskis with buffalos

Charlie
ravage
ravage
Canada
2004/07/29, 12:31 AM
I have the same thing, i think i pinched a nerve in my hand last month. My hand,then gradually my whole arm, did the pins and needles thing alternating with feeling numb. After a week it went away but my whole arm has been numb when waking up the last couple weeks and occasionally my hand feels numb during the day. I definitely don't have arms as strong as BigAndrews, maybe I'm just weak! Will this go away over time with rest or will that arm always be more susceptable?
hecdarec
hecdarec
United States
2004/07/29, 09:22 PM
Could be anything from your neck to your shoulders. See a chirporactor. I am having the same problem.

--------------
This message has been approved by the moderators. If you have a problem with it please contact Asimmer.
davisp
davisp
United States
2004/07/31, 11:11 AM
Odd, I had the same problem when I first got back into weight training and my arms got bigger. Exactly as bigandrew described. I haven't had this problem in months. Took a few months and went away completely. When it was occurring, I had to force myself to sleep only on my back, but even then it would occur if I put my arm in the wrong position. Guess my only suggestion would be to wait it out or see a chiropractor if you have the money or insurance for it.

--------------
Seeking out motivation does not motivate you to seek out results.

- Paul

Post mark - PaulsMark - Post mark