Group: Injuries & Rehabilitation

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 54, Messages: 4465

Dealing with injuries and learning how to avoid them is extremely important!

Join group

Knee Pressure/Swelling - above and below

quiltaholic
quiltaholic
United States
2004/12/15, 09:10 AM
I went to the Ortho doc almost a month ago. They did 3 x-rays and came back with, 'must be arthritis'. Take Glucosamine and it should do better. No squats, no stairs, no leg extensions or leg presses, just walk. Lose weight (I'm probably 25-30 lbs overweight)

I'm still getting swelling just below my knee cap directly underneath it, and above the knee cap to the outer thigh. You can actually feel a swollen ?? (ligament/tendon??) there like an oblong egg shape.

Now..my question is this? Does this sound like arthritis? I don't think arthritis can cause me this much difficulty when all I'm doing is walking 20-30 mins or doing the recumbent bike 30 mins OR walking inside on my mini trampoline, again only 30 mins or less. I only do this 2-3 times a week as the pressure I feel can't be good. I do not want to do further damage.

Tks for your feedback.
Connie (41 yr old frustrated female)
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2004/12/15, 12:07 PM
Ffom what I understand it can be that painfull. AND if he said it was arthritis, then it proably is, but you can get a 2nd opinion......but he has no reason to lie to you?

Aethritis, is more about yoru bones, than actually the muscles/tendons and ligaments. YOu may have also gooten some form of tendonitis. HAve you tried an ibpfofen? OR other anti-inflamatory?

--------------
The following, has not be approved by the FDA or FT, it was not meant to diagnose,treat,or prevent any diease(s) Please consult a moderator or doctor before using any of the suggestions or comments.