Group: Injuries & Rehabilitation

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 54, Messages: 4465

Dealing with injuries and learning how to avoid them is extremely important!

Join group

Knee Pain

amkott
amkott
United States
2007/05/22, 08:31 PM
I've had knee problems since eigth grade(I am a fresman in college now), the muscles around the knee cap are weak so once in awhile the knee cap would grind against the bone.

It went away for awhile, but now it has acted up, when ever i run or do anything like that my knee would start hurting. I have tried knee braces but it doesn't work.

Does anyone know any good muscle strengthening exercises i could try for my knee? Or any kind of exercices for legs that don't put so much pressure on my knees? Or have any ideas how i should change how I exercise?
2007/05/23, 01:06 AM
squats, lunges, step ups, deadlifts, goodmornings, etc...

give cissus a try...

http://customnutritionwarehouse.com/cissus-powder-p-1043.html?osCsid=af004d7a61a39346af1d1437c65ec737
k-ok
k-ok
United States
2007/05/23, 03:40 PM
Here's something I discovered at an Army PT conference last weekend: Sometimes the problem with the knees is not originating from the knees but rather the hip.

Try this: Shuffle your feet about a foot apart and perform a squat. If your knees turn in after a few repetitions, it is likely your hips causing some of the knee pain.

Solution: Tie a piece of rubber tubing around your knees and do the squat. The band merely provide a neural input and the knees will stay out. Your knees should also feel a bit better. Then do 10-20 reps 1-2 sets daily. You may also use the band when doing leg presses. Test yourself without the band occasionally to see if you are getting carry over. Adjusting the alignment of the hips may decrease the grind you feel in your knees.

I have been applying this to several knee patients this week and so far have been impressed with the results.

Good luck! k-ok, PT