Group: Injuries & Rehabilitation

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 54, Messages: 4465

Dealing with injuries and learning how to avoid them is extremely important!

Join group

knee and calf

scrly
scrly
United States
2004/07/17, 06:07 AM
For several years I have had muscle spasms in my calfs during the night. I have been told that potassium helps this problem. I have eaten potassium rich foods lately and it seems to have helped, but I was wondering if there could be any other cause for it. I also have very recently noticed extreme knee muscle pain after long hikes and stair climbing, particularly when going downhill. Potassium does not seem to help at all with that. Does anyone know what that pain could be from? I seriously doubt that I injured that knee, and the pain has persisted for several months, but only when I really use my knee. Please help!
Damselfly
Damselfly
United States
2004/07/17, 08:42 AM
Scrly, personally speaking, for you knee problem I would suggest going to see a doctor first especially since you have been having problems for so long.
One product I would recommend trying is Glucosamine it helps with arthritis/joint pain, you can get it at any age. From what I have read you need to take at least 1500 mg and though it may be more expensive liquid form is your best bet. But FIRST see a doctor.
============
Quoting from scrly:

For several years I have had muscle spasms in my calfs during the night. I have been told that potassium helps this problem. I have eaten potassium rich foods lately and it seems to have helped, but I was wondering if there could be any other cause for it. I also have very recently noticed extreme knee muscle pain after long hikes and stair climbing, particularly when going downhill. Potassium does not seem to help at all with that. Does anyone know what that pain could be from? I seriously doubt that I injured that knee, and the pain has persisted for several months, but only when I really use my knee. Please help!
=============

--------------
Damselfly

Whoever said that sunshine brings happiness never danced in the rain. \\"unknown\\"