Group: Competitive Bodybuilding & Fitness

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 22, Messages: 5367

Discuss the process of preparing for a competition on the sport of body building, fitness and more!

Join group

Just beginning

nycboi
nycboi
United States
2002/10/19, 02:01 PM
One of my long term goals is to become a natural bodybuilder. As of now, I am very new to the sport and need to start a program of getting in shape before considering bodybuilding competeting. Is there any support for a novice like myself in obtainting these long term goals

Please respond
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2002/10/19, 05:48 PM
Of course. You have started at a very good place. Just by finding this site you have started on your way. Just put in your goals, and fT will design a workout program to fit your needs, along with a decent nutritional program. congratulations on your start. Long term goals are good. Be sure and set up short term attainable goals also, so you can reach them and keep setting new ones on your way to your long term goal. Makes the journey somewhat easier. You will find nothing but support here. Best of luck to you!!
nycboi
nycboi
United States
2002/10/25, 05:41 PM
Thank you for the advice, bb1fit. As of now, there are a few goals I have for getting in shape. My dilema is that I am an adult male in his 30's with a job and a life. many of the people who are in shape have started when they were teen agers with time on their hands. Also I am not used to seeing an image of myself with a muscular build.

Just venting, not complaining. I am sure that there are other people who share these same concerns.

I would like to get in shape so I can enter a novice bodybuilding contest, and inspire others to get in shape.
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2002/10/25, 06:31 PM
First off, congradulations on your decion and also welcome to FT.

No matter what routines you do, do them with intense effort and you will see intense results!

Good luck!!
mandre
mandre
United States
2002/10/28, 06:57 PM
Here is some inspiration for you.
mikencharleston posted this awhile ago.
http://www.agelesstraining.com/indexx.htm

This lady inspired me to achieve the best I can. If she can do it starting at a young 53; we all can do it no matter what our ages are.

Here is something to think about. What you are today is what you will be tomorrow. Change is uncomfortable but with little steps each day it will become a habit.

Good luck. There are many of us here that work, are older :), and have a family. You can do it!

PS.
Thanks to mikencharleston for inspiring me unknowingly. :)

:) Melissa

--------------
Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
- -- Aristotle