Group: Health & Fitness over 40

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 206, Messages: 2480

Group dedicated to men and women over the age of 40 that care about their health and want to take the fitness and nutrition down the right path.

Join group

Joint problem - emotional problem

Yumi
Yumi
United States
2006/06/13, 02:51 AM
From before, I've noticed that I don't really have strong joints, or maybe my muscle were never strong enough to support what I do. I've been having knee problem on and off for past 6 month or so. It seems to come from tight muscle, because sometime it also affect my hip. I decided this time, I am going to take it easy and I am not going to do cardio at all.

This decision is making me lazy and I really hate it. Past 2 weeks, I wake up 4, and almost ready to go to the gym, and didn't. Maybe I am lost without cardio!

So, here is what I decided to do at the gym. I cam still do chest, back, shoulder, arm, and inner tigh. What would be the best way to do this. Split into 2 days cycle? or do whole body workout 5 days? Help me. I really want to get my motibation back and start t go back to gym. hopefully tomorrow.

What should I do with my diet? Should I stay with same calories or lower ?
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2006/06/13, 09:06 PM
First off, find out what is wrong with your knee or hip. After that if it is still ok to exercise, and you don't want to do cardio as in running or elipticle, you may want to try curcuit training, doing full body workout 3 times a week. This will give you the benefet of both stregnth and cardiovascular exercise. I don't recomend you start this until you find out what is ailing you.

Hope this helps.

--------------
Scales are for dead weight: We are not dead yet!
Still trying to find out how to do the Hollywood Free Press.

Ivan

Montreal Canada
mikencharleston
mikencharleston
United States
2006/06/13, 09:47 PM
Hey yumi - were you doing a lot of leg presses when you started having problems?
Yumi
Yumi
United States
2006/06/13, 10:48 PM
When it first started was after one leg squat about a year ago and I never done that again ever since. I had it on my right leg. Then after that, I got it on left side. My appointment with doc is on 29th. So I will take it easy and maybe just do upper body.
2006/06/23, 09:32 AM
make sure u do squats right...they can punish u if u do them wrong....

light deadlifts, lunges, step ups might be an alternative

those inner thigh machines and so forth....are an outright waste of time...

have u tried any supplements for the joints?

glucosomine/choindroitin, Celedrin,Fish Oil, MSM, SAMe....produce good results for many people, especially the first 3....I take G/C+Fish Oil daily for general joint health...and it helped me recover from some nagging joint injuries...
Yumi
Yumi
United States
2006/06/26, 01:07 AM
You really think inner thigh machine is not worth doing it? When I had a trainer, she told me to squeeze those exercise ball with two legs by the knee. I can feel the contraction in my inner thhigh doing that, but not the machine. (I was tinking about that)

I've been taking joint supplements. I am currently taking Hyuronic Acid (sp?) I do take fish oil everyday as well.

Since my posts, I am going to gym on more regular basis, and only doing weights. I have not noticed any weight gain, actually, if anything, little fat loss. I started to live without cardio:big_smile: