Group: Specific Diets & Nutrition

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 104, Messages: 22775

With so many diets and nutritional plans out there, you can get lost. Find out what works best for others and share your experiences!

Join group

Job Corps Cafeteria Need help

willwalls
willwalls
United States
2008/10/16, 11:56 AM
hello i'm new to this but as far as nutrition hear at job corps(vocational school sorta) you don't have much to pick from...so i'll give you guys a description on what I eat

Breakfast - choice of potatoes, ("egg Patty,not white), Sausage Patty, English muffin, sausage, cereal(fruit loops, cheerios, etc)
I usually eat an english muffin with an egg and sausage..sometimes two muffins, and i eat an apple

LUNCH - I'm very picky i dont like salads and stuff etc..im a meat eater. I eat a sandwhich with wheat bread toasted with mayo and mustard, usually ham and peporoni and two slices of chedder cheese. and a bowl of chili..i stay away from french fries..bowl of peaches(canned) or i usually eat another apple

DINNER - dinner is usually the most fattening...its usually different every day so i can't describe it. Lots of fat lots of protein.

I drink a glass of 1 glass of orange juice and diet pepsi with every meal as well as an apple...and drink lots of water throughout the day.

dinners over at 5:30 then i hit the gym about 7:30 at night. I run about 2-3 miles a day on the treadmill for about 30 minutes...sweating ALOT and heartrate boosted way high. Then I do benchbress pushups, situps every night as many as I can do about 3 sets. Oh and i do stairmaster after treadmill to i usually burn about 150 calories on that sweating alot as well.

Yeah so thats about it lol...So give me your thoughts negative or postive I dont care be honest..what am I doing wrong as well as right? By the time i leave hear in 6 months I want to be lookin good..I got a football players figure btw im pretty stocky about 6 feet tall. I'm very energetic and I can take painfull workouts even though i'm out of shape right now...so if you got some routines let me know...

-will
ecle5c
ecle5c
United States
2008/10/16, 12:49 PM
So are you looking to bulk up and add some muscle or trim down and lose some fat? Based on your workout I'd hope it is the latter.

You can't do much about your diet.
Breakfast - double up the egg patty to get more protein. Stick with one muffin and stay away from the fruit loops.
I personally would cut out the OJ with lunch and dinner. For dinner I bet it is a lot of meat and potatoes type stuff, double up on the meat and cut down on the fatty side dishes.

Sign up for a workout on this site based on your equipment and goals. If you don't have weights or machines then sign up for the at home workout and you can do those in your room or the gym that you have. You need more weight lifting either way I think.