Group: Health Supplements

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 101, Messages: 16613

Supplements can be a great aid with your health and fitness goals. Combined with the proper exercise and nutritional plan they can be quite effective.

Join group

Isagenix?

aaronmp2003
aaronmp2003
United States
2003/12/11, 04:57 PM

I've got a question about a health system I just heard about. I was approached by one of the distributors, and it is ordinarily something that I would not just walk, but run away from. With the exception of some creatine or a protein supplement, I'm not generally big on ANY radical diet modifications, regardless of what the "hype" says about the product. However, in this case I must admit that I am at least interested enough to ask around about the product.

The product is called Isagenix, and their main site is here: http://www.isagenix.com . The reason why I am so interested is because the system is being touted as a "cleansing system", not a diet. It's a temporary gig that you do for 9 to 30 days depending on which program you are on. Also, all of the interviews, newsclips, etc., talk about it as a SUPPLEMENT to a nutritional diet and exercise program, and advocate it's use to either jump start or finish off a particular weight loss goal.

Like I said, I'm usually very skeptical of stuff like this, but wanted to know if anyone else has ever heard of it, or can shed some light. Thanks in advance for your help!

-- Aaron

--------------
Aaron M. Potts
Aarons Personal Training
http://www.aaronspersonaltraining.com
starbell
starbell
Canada
2003/12/11, 08:53 PM
Aaron, if you really want to get a good idea of how some of the products on the web work, especially for detoxing. Go to a natural pathic doctor, or homopathic practioner or Dr. They will have good suggestions if products work. Articles like the ones you read on web sites will always write the best statistical information, and testimonals to get people to try the product or became a distributor. Do other research such as asking here what others think. I personally have not heard of the product or seen it. I trust other professionals opinions with new products. Good luck on getting the answers you are looking for.
shawnwatson
shawnwatson
United States
2005/11/14, 10:15 AM
I'm doing isagenix and have lost 30 in'. I love the shakes because after about a week you loss the cravings for the bad thing infact the dont even taste good. If anyone has any questions please feel free to contact me via e-mail.
shawnlwatson@yahoo.com:):)
============
Quoting from aaronmp2003:

I've got a question about a health system I just heard about. I was approached by one of the distributors, and it is ordinarily something that I would not just walk, but run away from. With the exception of some creatine or a protein supplement, I'm not generally big on ANY radical diet modifications, regardless of what the "hype" says about the product. However, in this case I must admit that I am at least interested enough to ask around about the product.

The product is called Isagenix, and their main site is here: http://www.isagenix.com . The reason why I am so interested is because the system is being touted as a "cleansing system", not a diet. It's a temporary gig that you do for 9 to 30 days depending on which program you are on. Also, all of the interviews, newsclips, etc., talk about it as a SUPPLEMENT to a nutritional diet and exercise program, and advocate it's use to either jump start or finish off a particular weight loss goal.

Like I said, I'm usually very skeptical of stuff like this, but wanted to know if anyone else has ever heard of it, or can shed some light. Thanks in advance for your help!

-- Aaron

=============
Olivialala
Olivialala
United States
2005/11/14, 07:31 PM
I tried Isagenix because my brother recomended it. Personally I think there are other cleanses out there for ALOT less money.

I didn't feel any different or lose any weight, whereas my brother lost ten pounds and had major detox-crazy poop!
dnold
dnold
United States
2005/11/16, 10:40 PM
I tried it but it made me so sick I was ready to go to the doctor because of stomach pains. It may not affect you this way so its up to you.
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2006/11/05, 12:15 PM
Feeds the body 'cleansing' nutrients. :laugh:

Is there any kind of a product they sell that will rid you of the idea that the body needs cleansing of this sort?

Personally, I use soap to clean my body. :big_smile:

--------------
Maximus from Gladiator....Strength and Honor!
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2006/11/05, 12:05 PM
A little 'selling' going on here?

--------------
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2006/11/06, 12:10 AM
I find it interesting the statements made about this product.

To quote...."the product flushes toxins out of the cells and the fat follows"

...this smacks of ignorance. The only folks who buy this horsehooey are those that do not understand human physiology. There is slightly a bit more to fat loss. :big_smile:

--------------