Group: General Fitness & Exercise

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 379, Messages: 54577

Various general exercise related discussions. Find out what it takes to reach your fitness goals through daily effective exercise. With so many options we try to find out what works best.

Join group

is this the way to go?

calabash
calabash
South Africa
2009/12/05, 05:20 AM
I am new here. I am 38, 94 kg's, 1.86 metres tall., have never really exercised. I now have a belly, and very little muscle definitiion. I eat lots of fruit and veg, and feel I eat healthily. I just lead a inactive lifestyle. I am not into going to gym. I have received a homework out schedule for 3 days a week from the site. I plan to take a short run with my dogs, and then do the work out. My objective is to loose a few kg's, and tione up a bit. Am I on the right track?
Davetheman26
Davetheman26
United States
2009/12/06, 11:39 PM
Don't know.. Does it feel like the right track to you? You don't sound very excited about losing those "few kg's". 5 or 6 kilos would be a good range for your height.. but like you say you don't have alot of muscle definition.. first to have muscle definition I think you need to have muscle and lower fat percentage.. I would like to see a photo.. I got a picture in my head of you and it looks alot like Will Ferrell. If I'm wrong then I apologize.
One piece of advice and it'll go a long way don't give up.. My wife started exercising for the first time in her life 2 months ago only after I bought her a treadmill and she is 40 years old.. she weights 56kilos and is 156cm tall. She has surprised me with her persistence. but her weight remains.. but her frame looks slimmer.. I keep telling her the weight will go.. it just takes time...