Group: Strength & Powerlifting

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 39, Messages: 16459

Discuss the topic of Power lifting, Strength training and Strong Man training!

Join group

Is this normal or am I doing it wrong?

rafa2k
rafa2k
United States
2003/02/10, 12:35 PM
I'm fairly new to lifting and I noticed that whenever I work chest I feel it mostly in my shoulders and when I work back I feel it mostly in my arms.

Is this because those are my weaker muscles and they're taking most of the strain or am I doing something wrong?

I'm following the form and all the rules set by ft when I do these excercises so I don't think it's bad form
7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2003/02/10, 02:41 PM
LOL, we have all been there! When you work Chest it also works the shoudlers and triceps. So I would suggest getting someone to look at you form, and lower the weight till you feel the chet doing the work. That may take a while, and do not feel bad about using less weight. I have a feeling that you form while good may need to be tweaked a little. I would make sure you are lowering and raising the bar in the right path. As for back yeah your biceps play a part in that as well. So have someone look at the form to make sure that is not the problem, and also you might just need to work at chest and back for a while to get them stronger or up to speed.

--------------
IF YOU CAN STILL ITCH YOUR NOSE AFTER ARM DAY, GO DO ANOTHER SET!!!
rafa2k
rafa2k
United States
2003/02/10, 05:15 PM
So this is normal then? Do you think I should work on shoulders, triceps and biceps more so they're not doing all the work when I work chest and back?

============
Quoting from 7707mutt:

LOL, we have all been there! When you work Chest it also works the shoudlers and triceps. So I would suggest getting someone to look at you form, and lower the weight till you feel the chet doing the work. That may take a while, and do not feel bad about using less weight. I have a feeling that you form while good may need to be tweaked a little. I would make sure you are lowering and raising the bar in the right path. As for back yeah your biceps play a part in that as well. So have someone look at the form to make sure that is not the problem, and also you might just need to work at chest and back for a while to get them stronger or up to speed.

=============
7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2003/02/10, 06:26 PM
Well yeah if you want a good bench press try to really work the shoulders and tris, same for back, but I really feel that part of your probelem is twofold: 1. poor form, I know that you have read up on it, but really get someone that knows what they are doing (a good trainer, or even if you are at a gym one of the regualrs there most likely will be happy to help you out). 2. that maybe you are using too much weight. Hope this helps!

--------------
IF YOU CAN STILL ITCH YOUR NOSE AFTER ARM DAY, GO DO ANOTHER SET!!!