Group: Strength & Powerlifting

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 39, Messages: 16459

Discuss the topic of Power lifting, Strength training and Strong Man training!

Join group

Is This A Good Plan....?

jsawell
jsawell
United States
2003/05/20, 10:29 AM
Hey room, Im wondering if this is a good plan to follow. As of now I eat 7 meals every 2 hours starting at 640 or so in the morning. My 1st meal is nothing more than a bowl of oatmeal and 5 strips of turkey bacon. All of my other meals consist of a cup of brown rice, a cup of ground turkey/chicken mixture a tablespoon of light olive oil and a piece of fruit..usually an apple or a banana. All of this is supplemented with a gallon to 2 gallons of water a day. What Im trying to do is a combo of losing weight, toning, strength, gain muscle mass, as well as speed up my metabolism. My workout program is 5 days a week. Mon is shoulders and forearms, tues legs and calves, wed chest, thur back and calves, and sat biceps and triceps. Im using the program weight loss and tone on here with a combo of abs (:0) of course), shoulder and chest blast. Ive modified the program a smidget by making my last two reps of the set my heavy/strength reps. My sets usually go something like 15, 12, 5 and 4. So usually I only do about 4 or 5 for each last two reps but try to go past my last weeks max. So for instance if I bench 225 on my last set of 4, the next week I will start at 225 on my 3rd set and on my 4th set I will try to pass it. If I cant I will do the 225 again till next week. Anyway does this sound like a good plan? Ive noticed my energy has increased tremendously over the last feew weeks and I now have more than enough for my workout. Seems like it is taking awhile for the muscle to built up, but I think thats due to my whole genetic thing Anyway thanks for listening.
7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2003/05/20, 10:45 AM
Looks sound to me though I like to do chest/arms, back/shoulders, then legs. But if that is working for you go for it the food diet thing looks good though I would add some fish and steak in there as well as other foods so you do not get bored like eggs etc. good luck!

--------------
deadlifts rule!!!!!!!!!!!!!
dahayz
dahayz
United States
2003/05/20, 11:32 AM
Your program looks pretty good, it is good that you are focusing on eating consistent meals which is KEY. I agree with Mutt though, add in a little more protein from different sources, especially at breakfast and around the times you workout. The key to building bigger muscles and lowering bodyfat at the same time is to keep that protein intake high and lift HEAVY weights which looks like what you are doing. Good luck and keep us posted.
jsawell
jsawell
United States
2003/05/20, 12:11 PM
Thanks for the response gang. I already started implenting different proteins. Some weeks I just have ground chicken, other weeks ground turkey, and some weeks I have tuna. But it always accompanies brown rice. The 1st time I missed a day because I was out in the field, my body was like *What the heck is going on...FEED ME!*
sailor1029
sailor1029
Canada
2003/06/11, 12:13 AM
"out in the field"? Another military man? Join the club!
Pte., 18 Air Defense Reg't, Canadian Army.

-Scott
mackfactor
mackfactor
United States
2003/06/14, 04:34 AM
I think variety in your diet is very important, but if you're not going to have variety, the way you're going is great.
I can't comment on your routine without knowing a little more. What are your total sets, not including warmup for each day?

--------------
"Don't follow leaders and watch your parking meters!"
-- Bob Dylan