Group: Competitive Bodybuilding & Fitness

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 21, Messages: 5367

Discuss the process of preparing for a competition on the sport of body building, fitness and more!

Join group

Is it possible?

tmatteson
tmatteson
United States
2012/02/22, 04:36 PM
Truthfully, what does it take to break into fitness competitions. The on (and off) the record info. All comments will be appreciated.
george
george
Canada
2012/02/22, 07:14 PM
Welcome to FreeTrainers!

Taking your fitness to that level requires much more dedication than the average weight loss goal, but it's a great goal to set. Beside being able to do fitness routines, the last 6-8 weeks take 24/7 dedication to lose the majority of your body fat etc and get in to prime shape for the competition. No illegal drugs are required if that is what you mean, but some of the girls do use them as a finishing touch the final days before a contest. First time local shows wouldn't require anything like that, it's only at the professional level where it may come in to use.

There is also an emergence of figure as well as bikini classes, neither of which require routines. The bikini is more attainable as the girls are a bit softer than the figure competitors.

What were your thoughts or plans?
tmatteson
tmatteson
United States
2012/02/22, 07:50 PM
Well, fitness routines are out. I'm 5'11 and I really don't know. I guess it depends on my body type, right?