Group: Specific Diets & Nutrition

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 104, Messages: 22775

With so many diets and nutritional plans out there, you can get lost. Find out what works best for others and share your experiences!

Join group

Information on Nutritions

r3wt
r3wt
Belgium
2007/04/22, 03:11 PM
Hello! :-)

after a long and unfortunate break. I restarted working out 2 weeks ago, however on different objectives (more motivation then ever, heh) and so on and so on.. ANYWAYS! here are my questions in which I thought would be very very interesting to discuss for those items are ment to be healthy but healthy for what and under what circumstances:

1. Lentils; Known to consist about 23% of protein. What Protein, Soya Proteins. Veggi Prots are any good ? if I take that within some meals would I technically have to substitude the prots or would I just calculated as a healthy carb no matter what prots it's got in it ? I been eating Lentils for weeks, love the stuff but not quite sure if it's as good as brown rice, pasta etc..., Can I even Substitude lentils for carbs ? I'm confused.

2. Advocado!!!: Lots have posted on different recipies for advocados such as Guacamole, etc.. it appears to be rich in B vits and contain some interesting fats... What Fat ? would someone trying to loose weight be adviced to such item ? and if so, how much, 1, 2 , 3 a week ?

I think i'm done :-) , Thanks for all your help in advance. I think I just screwed up my entire diet I'm just trying to find out where I've messed up.

Cheers, r3wt
ecle5c
ecle5c
United States
2007/04/25, 01:48 PM
#2: Do some research on this site about Avocados. They've been discussed a few times with some good information on them. Just because it says fat, doesn't mean it's fat. There are good and bad fats. The main thing is making sure that you get enough good fats, and trying to avoid the bad fats.