Group: All Else Lounge

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 42, Messages: 22740

This is the place you can discuss anything else that is on your mind that isn't already covered by other groups. Share what's on your mind and see who else has something to say about it!

Join group

im curious on a few things ..

Xplosion
Xplosion
United States
2009/02/11, 06:38 PM
first off. im 230 25 years old and stand 6'foot and i have been working off and on for 5 years so im slightly built. if you are trying to build mass on your body, would doing 3 sets of 5 reps and heavy weight do the job?

Second of all, im trying to get more lean, really its just my belly i need to work on. should i do my cardio before or after my workout? the only thing im afraid of is by doing alot of cardio and trying to gain muscle mass at the sametime, i might lose some of my gains i have already worked hard for?

well if anyone could give me suggestions or anything, it would really help me! Thanks!!
returnofplex
returnofplex
United States
2009/02/12, 02:21 PM
Unfortunately you have to pick one or the other; get lean or get big. I'd suggest building mass first(get a free program from this site, it's gonna take more than just 3x5.) then concentrate on getting lean. Lean muscle tissue is a big calorie spender, so having more of it when you decide to get lean really helps out.
As for the cardio; Save it for after lifting, unless you're gonna do it in the morning, then lift later in the day.