Group: Beginners to Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 968, Messages: 18927

Share and offer advice to beginners to the fitness world!

Join group

im a beginner and need help please

jman76358
jman76358
United States
2009/04/22, 05:56 PM
hi im 16 and ive been lifting for about 8 months or so. ive been doing peck flys with 15 lb. dumbbells, pushups, crunches, 6 inch leg thing and curls. (soon going to a gym for benching) ive been doing this all at my house and i want to take it to step it up a bit and im thinking about buying The Perfect Push-up i heard those worked pretty good, if you have any info on those id like to know :) and uhm i want to start using a muscle building supplement like Whey. ive used it a few times even though the strawberry flavor tasted horrible. Anyone know any better supplement to take instead of Whey? I heard the Creatine had some bad side effects or something. and i want to know if i can take testosterone supplements because i have a good bit of estrogen levels i think and i want to increase my testosterone cause i read that it will take some of the flab off of my nipples cause the higher the estrogen level, the more "manboob" on me. Is this safe to use tesosterone supplements too at 16?
Devinm
Devinm
United States
2009/04/24, 08:09 PM
whey isnt bad its probably just the brand you are using. i use Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Double rich chocolate and its pretty good. Creatine is not necessary and its not as great as most people make it out to be. But u can get it for fairly cheap if u get the GNC brand Creatine Monohydrate. and as for the testosterone i don't think u need it because at your age u should have plenty of it naturally. the "manboobs" could be from having a high bodyfat level but i believe there is some disease called Gynecomastia where men have traits of women.

--------------
Veni,Vidi,Vici.= I came, I saw, I conquered.- Ceasar
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2009/04/25, 07:50 PM
Stop thinking about supplements and testosterone! Save your $$$ for a good cd or something. Work hard on the weight training, and look at your diet. Devin is right, at your age, you have all the hormones buzzing in you. Cut the junk food and the sodas, and eat good whole foods. Tell me I'm wrong!
Good luck and work hard, it pays off.:dumbbell:

--------------
Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success.

Ivan (GO HABS GO!)

Montreal Canada (City of Festivals)