Group: Specific Diets & Nutrition

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 104, Messages: 22775

With so many diets and nutritional plans out there, you can get lost. Find out what works best for others and share your experiences!

Join group

I really need help to lose weight.

nurse_tiffany
nurse_tiffany
Canada
2007/04/14, 01:11 PM
I am going to be a student nurse and I am a very heavy, I want to be a fit nurse, so that I can set an example to patients and my family. Please someone help me................I have not exercised for years. I find that when I walk a little bit my back really aches, ouch! Please help me set up a work out eating plan, I would so muchly appreciate it, I have numerous workout videos, a bike to ride outdoors, weight bench, hand weights, rowing machine and that is pretty well it.Your help is appreciated thank you.
ecle5c
ecle5c
United States
2007/04/14, 03:15 PM
First thing you need to do is become more active. If your back really hurts when you walk then being a nurse will be an extremely physically challenging occupation for you. Most nurses that I know work 12-15 hour shifts and are on their feet for 95% of that time.

Start walking a few nights a week, start taking the stairs instead of the elevator, park further away from buildings in the parking lot and make yourself walk further.

You can sign up for home based exercise programs on this site. From what I hear they are great and work very well for those starting out.

And the second thing.....you have to look at your diet. Where are the things that you know you shouldn't eat? Soda, candy, chips, cake, fried foods, etc. You don't have to stop all of them cold turkey, but if you want lasting results you need to make smarter decisions overall. Do some research, read the stickies in this forum. There is a lot of great information on diets and eating healthy. Specifically the grocery list for healthy eating.