Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

I need to lose muscle mass, how?

shari1770
shari1770
United States
2010/02/15, 11:51 AM
I am a fitness instructor so I work out 6 days a week. I teach up to 4 classes per/day. I have huge thighs and calves. My upper arms are also "musclely". I get tired of people asking me how I got my legs so big. I hate it. I don't want to quit my job or working out as it has been an outlet for me, makes me money and keeps the "fat" off. What is the solution to my delima! My jeans fit so tight on my thighs and I can't wear knee high boots because they do not zip up. I have been battling this for years but tended to ignore it but I can't now. I'm tired of it.
rivergirl3
rivergirl3
United States
2010/02/16, 09:33 AM
I get comments on my legs (thighs) a lot, so I understand your dilemma. I bulk up easily as well, especially if I bike, running (long distance on trails) seems to trim my thighs (probably due to the burning of more calories).

I notice that in the winter I consume more calories than I burn and I definitely add bulk to my muscles. My thighs don't get fat they just get big and like you, my jeans are tighter but they still look good.

I may be wrong but if you eat an appropriate amount of healthy calories given the amount of exercise you do, then it may be a matter of genetics.

It took me years to appreciate my athletic thighs after years of the cultural norms of having skinny, non-athletic legs.

Remember, you are active and healthy, that is what is important. You are a role model for the men and especially your female clients. They go to your class for a reason. They enjoy your teaching style and who you are works for them.