Group: Under 25 Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 647, Messages: 8009

Everyone 25 years of age and under are encouraged to join this group to share common goals, stories and encouragement with their goals.

Join group

I need help before prom!

sweetheart2006
sweetheart2006
United States
2006/02/08, 12:04 PM
Prom will be coming up and I have a little problem fitting into my dress I need to lose butt, belly and thigh! does anyone know any good exercise moves or plans I can do?:(
Hixie20
Hixie20
Canada
2006/02/08, 10:34 PM
diet, diet, diet. Cut your calorie intake, trying eating food with high protein content and low cal/carb. Losing weight is all calories in vs. calories out. If you break you diet one day then you'll need to hit the gym or go for a run. But with a consistent diet and some cardio you should be fine.
2006/02/09, 05:54 AM
Eat body weight in protein, eat only complex carbs as well as reduce overall carbs by 55g or about 500 calories, and keeping healthy fat intake stable.....

run 3-5 days a week for 30-45 min at best pace you can manage....

take 6 g of fish oil to prevent most of muscle lose while dieting....split into morn/night

I highly suggest you do 2-3 days of weight training

Deep squats
Pull Ups/Pulldowns
Standing Military Presses

Deadlifts
Dips
Rows

do those movements on days off from running, do 3 sets of 8-12 reps, with weight that is challenging enough to barely do those reps...maybe have 1 left....you may have to start with bodyweight or using assistance with dip machine or pulldowns(instead of pull ups)....also do 1-2 light warm up sets before doing working sets...

You will see most changes due to diet...but you'll have the greatest effects from nutrition/cardio/weight lifting, they have a synergistic effect ...
2006/02/09, 05:56 AM
whoops, that's reducing overall carbs by 125g....or 500 calories....
Lonegirl
Lonegirl
Canada
2006/02/09, 05:59 AM
Diet yes...but don't forget about getting and continuing to be active....Cardio and resistance training is essential to help boost metabolism and fat loss....I am all for a free day a week with a good solid meal plan...6 days strict one off...too big of a calorie defecit can cause the body to go into starvation mode thus storing calories....the one day helps psychologically and physically...(rather than little treats each day you know at the end of the week you can have whatever you want...often it just may mean a few extra calories of healthy food...or maybe it means eating at McDonalds at every meal) I know this method works as it brought me from over 230 down to 135 by following this....plus a good workout program as well :) you can do it though
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2006/02/09, 10:31 AM
um how about a bigger dress?

--------------

Get your bicep curling, cut off shirt, matching workout outfit wearing,flexing in mirror \"toned\" wanna-be ass , out of my squat rack!

People don\'t reach thier true potental, only those who seek it.
2006/02/09, 11:01 AM
lol Andrew, that was a pretty obvious answer, but since she has 3-4 months ahead ...might as well use this as an opportunity to get in shape and stay that way....(plus it's a little mean albeit the most 'practical' solution)

I like your new signiture BA.....1/4 repping a$$ out of the rack....would be a great addition...LOL....I have seen 3 guys yesterday doing it and that was quite funny site to see....one was acting like a complete badass....no warm up or anything, started off with 185, then 225, then 315...the 315 moved about 3 inches in all...
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2006/02/09, 04:03 PM
Well id on't see much 1/4 squats i see more curls than anything...

--------------

Get your bicep curling, cut off shirt, matching workout outfit wearing,flexing in mirror \"toned\" wanna-be ass , out of my squat rack!

People don\'t reach thier true potental, only those who seek it.