Group: Under 25 Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 647, Messages: 8009

Everyone 25 years of age and under are encouraged to join this group to share common goals, stories and encouragement with their goals.

Join group

I have no idea where to start. .

Jcal15
Jcal15
Canada
2007/04/02, 05:55 PM
Alright,

I'm 17 almost 18 years old, and in my last year of highschool right now. I'm out of shape - not completely, but definately not as in shape as I'd like to be. I haven't done exercise and actually stuck with it for more then a week outside of sports in a long time. That has to end now.

I'd like to tone up and lose a few pounds here and there by the time summer rolls around - for obvious reasons - and also track and field is coming up, and I really have to get running so the shock of not being able to do anything and being out of shape during training doesn't occur.

I sprained both of my ankles very badly almost a month ago now, and whenever I participate in physed, or play badminton or any other physical activity, i have ankle braces that I use. I would like to strengthen my ankles (ive found ankle strenghening exercises and what not that I should probably start doing religiously - the towel scrunch, writing the alphabet..etc) because I dont want to depend on these braces (which I dont even own my own pair yet, I borrow an extra pair from a friend) and constantly worry im gonna tip my foot wrong and be down for a few weeks again(as track involves quite a bit of jumping, and thats just begging me to resprain them).

So anyways. I dont know where to start. I used to jog almost every single night around town (going around the perimeter equal about 3 km (small? yes. very)), but with winter, I stopped. I prefer running outside versus the tredmill, but I do have a tredmill that I can run on, and used to do HIIT on almost every day as well (instead of jogging around town). Thats torture though. I probably should start with that for track preperation, but it seems like something I'm gonna dread for the first week.

I have spare every day last class, so that'll probably be the time I exercise. A while ago I hit the weight room a few times (was so sore by the end of teh week) and then didnt get back in there since. I guess I just dont really know what to do. I'm sure if I do what I do, I'll see reults, but theres so much informtation out there its getting a little bit overwhelming. I dont wanna waste 3 weeks doing something thats not even going to help me.

SO ANYWAYS. I'm pretty sure all that informtation was unnecessary but I'll see how I can sum this up.

WHERE should I start?? I would like to use the weight room and run as much as I can every week - but to the point that I dont drain myself out completley. I wnat to lose weight so I looook better and am more confident, but also so I am stronger, get my endurance back except better, and stay motivated to exercise EVERY week! Some exercise every day! This lazy ass thing isnt workin too well for me.

Anyways, I hope I made a little sense. OH. and eating. I suck at that too. As in, I'm never satisfied so I eat pretty much whenever I feel like it and whatever I want. I should be obese.

Anyways, any feedback would be appreaciated:)
yadmit
yadmit
Canada
2007/04/02, 05:59 PM
Get a FREE plan from this site. It'll get ya started. And check out the Grocery List in the Diet Forum.

Welcome to FT!

t

--------------
I see the words you are typing, but all I read is *click*click*click*

- One should not lift like a man or a woman, lift like a human.