Group: Men's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 252, Messages: 6838

A place for men to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

I got headache ........

shahrir
shahrir
Malaysia
2003/07/03, 01:58 AM
I got headache after sleep. what should i do ?
2003/07/03, 08:48 AM
I've read about a meditative technique that I've had some success with as far as headaches. Imagine your headache as big red balloon filled with water to the point it's about to burst. Picture squeezing that balloon gently at the bottom forcing some of the water out. Keep squeezing the balloon harder and harder until you've released all the water and the pressure. You may want to rub your temples while doing this. If that doesn't work, take some Advil.

--------------
OSU Law Rugby....specializing in personal injury and pain & suffering.
shahrir
shahrir
Malaysia
2003/07/03, 09:42 AM
Oh wow !! Thats cool !
gwindalyn
gwindalyn
United States
2003/07/03, 05:57 PM
Not sure where you live in the world. If you have a Wal-Mart, they have something called Migraine Ice. I get frequent migraines that pretty much make me a useless blob. The Migraine Ice is a pad that is self adhesive. You put it over the spot with the pain, and it helps you relax and gives the spot a cooling sensation making the pain disperse and be more bearable. They have them for the forehead, the temple, and the back of the neck.

I also use Excedrine Migraine mixed with Motrin Sinus Headache if I'm out of my migraine prescription.

PLEASE be sure you can handle the pills before you take them and don't mix them like I do!!! It is not healthy to do what I do, and I don't condone it. When you've taken as strong of prescriptions as I have regularly all your life for migraines, you get numb to the effects of over the counter stuff.

I highly recommend the Migraine Ice though.

--------------
~Jennifer
http://www.gwindalyn.com
If you dont stand for something, you will fall for anything.
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2003/07/03, 09:34 PM
I wonder if its available up here in Canada. Do you know who makes Migraine Ice?

--------------
You can walk to anywhere you want, it only takes time.

Ivan Montreal Canada (aka SpongeBob Square Pants to some!)
shahrir
shahrir
Malaysia
2003/07/03, 10:54 PM
Ermm .. Migraine Ice ? Sounds strange for me ...
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2003/07/04, 12:52 PM
mzakal, thanks...you gave me my laugh for the day. I love the end, "if that doesn't work, take some advil". Great stuff!

--------------
As far as genetics go, the skies the limit. You are limited only by your mental perception of it.

Ron
gwindalyn
gwindalyn
United States
2003/07/04, 03:39 PM
Here is a link to them. Not sure if they have them in Canada. I get mine at Wal-mart. I've also seen them at Walgreens and CVS.

http://www.drugstore.com/qxp39875_333181_sespider/migraine_ice/forehead_cooling_headache_pads.htm

This particular link is the forehead pads. They also have them for temple and back of neck. When I have a migraine, I will take my medication, put one of these on the spot that the pain is worst, and lay down in a dark cool quiet room and fall asleep. When I wake up, the headache is usually gone.

--------------
~Jennifer
http://www.gwindalyn.com
If you dont stand for something, you will fall for anything.
willywig
willywig
United States
2003/07/09, 12:52 PM
four years ago I had a football injury where they took 3 spinal taps in a row... The hole made by the needles did not heal correctly and I lost a lot of spinal fluid ever since I get MAJOR Headaches...you know the kind where you feel sick and want to shoot your self in the head ;).. I use to have Codine but developed an addiction to them so I do not take them anymore.. Now I found that Excedrin Migraine works well.... Also Sit in a hot Bath and breath in the Steam...That helps for me... Also While I lived in Japan.. I met an Accupuncturest (sp) who showed me a pressure point between your thumb and index finger press it and the pain will be greatly reduced...

But The thing that I have found to work the best is staying in Shape... When I am Consistantly working out the headaches will come less frequently and not as strong. So maintain an active lifestyle and be fit...
willywig
willywig
United States
2003/07/09, 12:52 PM
four years ago I had a football injury where they took 3 spinal taps in a row... The hole made by the needles did not heal correctly and I lost a lot of spinal fluid ever since I get MAJOR Headaches...you know the kind where you feel sick and want to shoot your self in the head ;).. I use to have Codine but developed an addiction to them so I do not take them anymore.. Now I found that Excedrin Migraine works well.... Also Sit in a hot Bath and breath in the Steam...That helps for me... Also While I lived in Japan.. I met an Accupuncturest (sp) who showed me a pressure point between your thumb and index finger press it and the pain will be greatly reduced...

But The thing that I have found to work the best is staying in Shape... When I am Consistantly working out the headaches will come less frequently and not as strong. So maintain an active lifestyle and be fit...