Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

i cant stop eating

dec21
dec21
United States
2008/11/26, 04:21 PM
i am 16 yrs old im 5'6'' and i weight 251 pounds and im about to develop type 2 diabetes i have thyroid disorder and i really really want to lose weight my goal is to be 150 pounds i always find myself eating i am not very active but i do walk like at school(its a huge school almost like a college campus)i need to find some ways to lose some weight but i dont have alot of money to spend either...help me what should i do...HELP ME PLEASE I NEED SUPPORT!
SFGiantsMVP
SFGiantsMVP
United States
2008/11/27, 06:07 PM

============
Quoting from dec21:

i am 16 yrs old im 5'6'' and i weight 251 pounds and im about to develop type 2 diabetes i have thyroid disorder and i really really want to lose weight my goal is to be 150 pounds i always find myself eating i am not very active but i do walk like at school(its a huge school almost like a college campus)i need to find some ways to lose some weight but i dont have alot of money to spend either...help me what should i do...HELP ME PLEASE I NEED SUPPORT!
=============
Your school sounds like Independence here in San Jose CA.

You can't stop eating because you won't fight the cravings as your use to eating allot and way to much so your body demands it to keep up.

Once you start using willpower to fight the craving and eat reasonably your body will adapt to it and start getting a fuller feeling with less foods eaten.

You have to teach and train your body for it to respond or it will stick with what it's use to and demand what it's been given for so long.

--------------
Knock-Um Down & Keep-Um Down!
fmcclain
fmcclain
United States
2008/11/29, 08:47 AM
When you get hungry what do you eat, and how much. Don't go for the quick stuff like chips or whatnot. A handfull of grapes, or an apple or orange. When you eat, don't eat till your so full you can't stand it. Just eat a small amount..enough to get you through till your next meal. Limit yourself on your servings. SFGiantsMVP is right. You have to train your body to eat less. It's not going to do it by itself. It took me about 2 weeks to get rid of the "hungry all the time" feeling. In a sense I shrank my stomach. Now when I eat it doesn't take as much to fill me up, and I'm not hungry all the time. I have lost 3 pounds in 3 weeks..not bad. P.S. The more water you drink the less you will eat too. Also try V8 drinks for a snack. Good luck
padua
padua
United States
2008/11/30, 02:08 PM
I understand what your going through. But at the same time it is hard for us to help you when you yourself love to eat. We all like good food and there is nothing wrong with eating junk food once and awhile. Listen all the exercise is not going to help you until you get control of your craving. This is a mind game, and right now your lossing. When we get tired of lossing we find the strength with in us to be better. you said you have a thryoid problem, having a thyroid problem will have you working out more but do not use it as an excuse. do you have hypothyroidism? if you do, you must be on a low fat low carb diet, and low salt. you will retain a lot more water because of your thyroid, giving you more water weight. NO DIET OR AMOUNT OF EXERCISE WILL WORK UNTIL YOU ARE READY...MENTAL....GOOD LUCK.....
mserogers
mserogers
United States
2008/12/18, 02:27 PM
Hi, I have the same problem about not feeling like I can stop eating. Here are somethings I have done that help.
1. I try to chew each bite 15 times, this gives my body a chance to realize it is full before I have eaten more than I should.
2. I place less on a smaller plate. This may sound silly but I grew up thinking if it was on my plate I should eat it all. This way I don't have to fight that guilt that I feel if I don't finish what is on a huge plate of food.
3. I prepare healthy snacks on the weekend when I have more time and place it in the fridge for easy access. This way when I just want to snack on something I have something that isn't going to ruin the work I have done so far.
4. I made a rule that if I was going to eat anything bad for me I had to eat something healthy first. This helped me eat less of the things that were bad for me because I was full and it helped me realize that the craving was more about eating than what I ate.
5. I only drank water. No more diet soda, cream and sugar coffee, Juice or sweet tea.
When I combined these things with light exercise I was able to lose the weight and increase my exercise over time.
It is about choosing to understand and change your relationship with food.
I believe you can do this. If you can get your family involved that would be a great support system too!

HorseRider
HorseRider
United States
2009/01/11, 07:35 PM
Hi, I am 13 and I weigh 191 lbs and I really want to lose weight! someone please help me--all of my friends weigh less than me but I am skinnier than one of them--only one of them--- but I really need to lose weight cause I am really upset with my body. HELP ME PLEASE!!!!
sexy_kay_100
sexy_kay_100
United Kingdom
2009/01/14, 05:53 AM
hi, im 16 and the only exercise i do is ride horses, as i work on a horse farm. im alot larger than all of my friends, i want to be confident with my weight. i just came back from a family holiday in cyprus and couldnt even bring myself to wear a bikini or a swiming costume as im so selfconsious of my body. please help!:(