Group: Injuries & Rehabilitation

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 54, Messages: 4465

Dealing with injuries and learning how to avoid them is extremely important!

Join group

Hurt outter forearm

wildchild619
wildchild619
United States
2001/11/28, 01:20 PM
My outter forearm has been hurt for 2 weeks now. It pains me to even squeeze a stapler. I continue to work out, but I can't lift as much as I like to lift. Should I work through the pain or stop working out for a while. Sometime when I warm it up, it works ok, but the next day it bothers me
ltroisi
ltroisi
United States
2001/11/30, 07:23 AM
My husband is battling the same porblem. Went to the Dr to see if he needed an ex-ray. The Dr suggested it might be the way he is lifting something or sleeping on it. Well, we discovered he is sleeping on it in a weird position. He is a drummer so that has been a problem. He has been sleeping with these weird restains on hand/wrist. Its like a long lace up glove. It seems to be helping. Also buffered asprin and glucosamine. We'll see. I think you need to narrow down the cause! Bad enough to see the DR.?
Oh never work through pain! Take a few days (week?) off and let it heal. Try ice after your work-out too.
MuscleRage
MuscleRage
United States
2002/01/03, 09:04 PM
I would get it checked on. you might have a pulled muscle or something which is causes the pain. Also, maybe your grip is bothering the muscles in your forearm because of akward positioning.