Group: General Fitness & Exercise

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 379, Messages: 54577

Various general exercise related discussions. Find out what it takes to reach your fitness goals through daily effective exercise. With so many options we try to find out what works best.

Join group

how to get lean washboard abs

G_2009
G_2009
United States
2009/01/17, 12:52 PM
I want to get lean washboard abs; nice & cut. How can I achieve this?

ALSO...

I just signed up for this site and when I set up my workout routine I put that I want to gain muscle mass with fat, I think I should've put lean muscle mass instead. how do I change this? I want to have the surfer look not the linebacker look. lol

THANKS
Wilburburns
Wilburburns
United States
2009/01/18, 12:34 PM
ABS and the much cought after "Six Pack" are mostly Diet. Obviously, you will need some muscle to show, but you will need to truly drop the BF%.

If you are super motivated, you might try what ASIMMER is currently doing for the Challenge and to Cut for her upcoming Competition.
http://www.freetrainers.com/FT/jsp/Message.jsp?f_ix=0&t_ix=10172

However, you should likely just limit your Calories to something more reasonable. Do you know how many Calories you eat normally now? If not, you need to Find your Maintenance level and then lyou have two options. Eat less or Exercise More.

Weight loss is truly easy in theory. Either Eat less calories than you burn daily, or Burn more Calories than you Eat Daily.

Cliff
Wilburburns
Wilburburns
United States
2009/01/18, 12:35 PM
Oh Yeah, To Change your workout plan and goals, just start over, by creating a new plan.

Cliff