Group: Experienced Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 50, Messages: 19484

For intermediate and advanced individuals. Share and learn how to take your fitness to the next level!

Join group

How much is too much?

Lovelyone
Lovelyone
United States
2002/04/29, 07:48 AM
Hello everyone,
I've been training each bodypart once a week. I'd like to train my legs twice a week. I'd also like to train my back and my arms twice a week. Am I over doing it? For my legs I perform 5 sets of 12 reps with the leg extension, hamstring curl,leg press,abbductor and adductor machines. For my back I perform 5 sets of 10 reps on the seated row back extensions and the wide grip pulldown. For my arms I've been doing 4 or 5 sets of 10 reps for biceps and triceps. I also do cardio at least 4 times a week and I work my abdominals each day I do cardio.
Any and all suggestions are appreciated.
Thank you
fireloard
fireloard
United States
2002/04/29, 08:03 AM
Are you getting sore after the first time you work them each week?.. If not you probably just need to change up what your doing a little.. or you could sign up for ft's special thigh's and glutes program... If all that is said and done and your still not getting sore you could probably go twice a week.. as long as you give yourself a couple days after the first workout for the muscle to fully recover... but i'm not totally sure.. I try to not go more than once a week on any muscle group because sometimes it feels like its back to 100% but then I start to work it and realize its not really...
Lumina20
Lumina20
United States
2002/04/29, 11:04 PM
Actually, the glutes and thighs program is really good, you should try it.