Group: Competitive Bodybuilding & Fitness

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 22, Messages: 5367

Discuss the process of preparing for a competition on the sport of body building, fitness and more!

Join group

How do you's do it!?

garvani
garvani
New Zealand
2004/04/20, 10:37 PM
Hi

this is quite a long one, but your input is much appreciated!!!

Ive recently started wieght training and doing cardio. Im 22, 6ft 1, 180lbs. I don't know how yo can eat 6 times a day! i eat 4 times and thats an effort, i could probably fit in another 2 meals but i work and dont want to have to do some cooking b4 i come to work every morning. Whats something quick and easy i can make to bring with me to work (i go home for lunch by the way). Another thing, how can you count all the fat, calories in everything, seems like a hellll of a lot of work, i guess im not commited enough :-(
Heres my eating plan (i live in new zealand..)
For breakfast (7am) i eat a bowl of Just right cerial with a few tble spoons of low fat youchurt and a bannana on top.
For lunch i have a sandwich (low fat ham, lettuce, no mayo, raddish, capsicum, tommato, low fat cottage cheese) and an apple. After work i have another smaller sandwich (some of the same ingredients) then goto the gym and either do my cardio programme or my weight training (cardio consists of, 15 mins rower, 15 mins cycle, 15 mins ski cross trainer usually quite exahusted after it all).
Then there is dinner, im usually quite hungry after the gym so i eat quite a lot (naught naughty) dinner vaires a bit but always consists of meat of some description, some times sausages, or steak, or pasta...... always try and have a decent serve of vegetables.
I take multi vitamins daily also..
I realise i should be eating less and more often, but its hard, i need some pushing in the right direction as to what i should eat during the day at work etc.

Thanks in advance!!
skeys
skeys
United States
2004/04/21, 12:41 AM
You can take some cut up fresh veggies with you each day to work or some fruit if your job allows it, also you can take some cottage cheese with you to get in some more protien. Or a protein shaker and scoop of protien most taste great when mixed with water if milk is not available. This is what I do but I am not a expert by any means.

Counting fat and calories is a lot of work but if you fill out you nutritional profile it will count them for you.
Good Luck!!:)
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2004/04/21, 09:26 AM
If you spend one night a week or one day a weekend prepping and packing meals - you will have food to take to work. I throw in an extra chicken breast or two whenever i make dinner and pack it in tupperware with some veggies for another meal, get in the habit of cooking a little more when you do cook.

At breakfast have some protein, either some eggs or some whey protein, you can mix the whey protein into your cereal. Oatmeal would do you better than Just Right, but if you prefer Just Right that is okay, too.

Inbetween breakfast and lunch have some veggies and lean turkey or chicken. (deli meat is okay, roll it up with lettuce)

Immediatey afetr your workout take a protein shake.

then go home and have chicken, some beans, a little pasta, and some vegetables.

before bed have some cottage cheese.

You aren't way off track, hust a little fine tuning:big_smile:

Keep on learning!

--------------
If you fall down seven times, get up eight.