Group: Under 25 Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 647, Messages: 8009

Everyone 25 years of age and under are encouraged to join this group to share common goals, stories and encouragement with their goals.

Join group

How do you stop the pain in your wrists?

BloodRoze
BloodRoze
Canada
2002/08/21, 01:38 PM
i have been working out for about 2 years now..i am 18 now, and i have always been experiencing a mild pain in my wrists, i try as much to get the movements right and stretch. I would appreciate any feed back from anyone who has dealt with the problem.

----------------------------
My only Limitation is your Imagination
Arnold
Arnold
Canada
2002/08/26, 05:09 PM
sure.. which exercises does this happen with?

--------------
.o0 Arnold 0o...o0 theaustrianoak@hotmail.com 0o.
lewdog_55
lewdog_55
United States
2002/08/26, 06:59 PM
I think I might know what you are talking about. On some benches like decline. the bar sits to close to my body and isnt at the right height, to low. when I try to lift it off it kills my wrists.
Voiced
Voiced
United States
2002/09/17, 06:23 PM
I had a problem with that when I first started working out, back in high school they taught us to grasp with your thumb around the bar. So when I really started to work out this past year, I did that. However, I started to get quite a bit of pain during exercises with barbells. I don't know what exercises are hurting you, but simply moving my thumb position to underneath bars (which put less strain on my forearm and wrist) on as many exercises as was safe has made all the pain go away.
jbennett
jbennett
United States
2002/09/17, 10:00 PM
Same with me. When I was in high school and early in college I had wrist pain. I still do oc occassion, but if the pain is too annoying to ignore, I simply wrap 'em up. A nice tight (not too tight) wrap will keep the hydrostatic pressure in your wrists caused by the fluids in your joints in check. I only do this when I bench 300+.

You can also move your thumbs as mentioned above, but PLEASE be sure you have a firm grip on the bar. If not, you may end up with an Olympic bar embedded in your chest or throat.

--------------
--JBennett
"I've up-ed my intensity.... now up yours!"
"Pain is only weakness leaving the body."
"Never think of how weak you are; think of how strong you're going to be."
Xphobicas
Xphobicas
Canada
2002/09/26, 11:50 AM

it might be tendinitis.I actually have ot right now in my left wrist area.just don't do any excersizes that inflame it and any ones which have wrists flicks ect.apply heat to the area 2o min. a day
Firehawk734
Firehawk734
United States
2002/11/27, 03:21 PM
Are you bending your hands backward and letting the weight sit on the palms on of your hands, hence eliminating your grip?? ?I was doing this and had the same pain, but my friend corrected my form. He told me to drop down to lower weight, as little as it took, and keep my wrists straight, using my grip to hold that weight more, and only letting the weight sit slightly on the palms. This way, my grip gets stronger, and my wrists arent feeling the pressure.
Kalanchoe
Kalanchoe
United Kingdom
2003/03/22, 03:47 PM
Stop masturbating!

Sorry, i know that was lame, but i saw the name of the message thread and i couldn't resist it!

;D

--------------
*My body only feels good when it burns!
*Little voice telling you to quit? Put your fingers in your ears!
*"Life shrinks or grows in proportion to one's courage"