Group: Specific Diets & Nutrition

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 104, Messages: 22775

With so many diets and nutritional plans out there, you can get lost. Find out what works best for others and share your experiences!

Join group

How do you deal with your cravings???!!?

akin150
akin150
United States
2007/12/21, 04:08 PM
So as I sit at work...surrounded by sweets, and all sorts of obese people, trying my best to resist chowing on Company treat day...I wonder, what do you eat to help with your cravings?:surprised:
yessicarathsak
yessicarathsak
United States
2007/12/21, 05:58 PM
You could maybe start bringing in foods to work, especially high protein ones like tuna, a handful of mixed nuts, or half a peanut butter sandwich to keep you fuller longer. Or just bring a bunch of fruits and veggies, or healthy snacks like a serving of reduced fat wheat thins. Don't cut yourself off completely from the unhealthy snacks though, you'll go crazy doing that. Limit yourself to a very small portion of your favorite company treat once a day. Hopefully this will help you!
yadmit
yadmit
Canada
2007/12/21, 06:18 PM
To follow the above, make sure you eat the healthy stuff FIRST. That way you won't fill up on the fondue in the office, then not have any room for the real food.

t

--------------
I see the words you are typing, but all I read is *click*click*click*

Fat loss isn?t under the control of the magic fat loss fairies. - Alwyn Cosgrove
akin150
akin150
United States
2007/12/22, 11:14 AM
Well I just recently started on the diet posted in this board, and so far its going well. I have purchased alot of 97% lean ground beef, boneless skinless chicken, tuna, salmon, and ground turkey. I just seem to have to cook alot the night prior so that I have good low fat protein meals to eat during the next day at work. I need to lose about 32lbs. and 10% bodyfat, just alot of work to eat right.:angry:
yessicarathsak
yessicarathsak
United States
2007/12/22, 11:38 AM
Congrats on starting a healthy diet! That's one of the major steps to a healthy lifestyle. Maybe you could cook a weeks worth of meals ahead of time, like on Sundays so you don't always have to cook the night before. Then you could freeze most of it so it's more convienient for you. I agree that it is hard to eat right, but it's so worth it. You'll start to feel so much better and have more energy. Good luck on reaching your goals!