Group: Specific Diets & Nutrition

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 104, Messages: 22775

With so many diets and nutritional plans out there, you can get lost. Find out what works best for others and share your experiences!

Join group

How Do I do it?

paintballhottie
paintballhottie
United States
2008/05/25, 10:54 PM
As a teen growing up I went through the whole eating disorder thing. Now that I am 23 years old, I still have problems with food. I have done several diets, but when I stop eating "normaal," it is like a trigger goes off in my brain and tells me to eat whatever I see. So, I have stopped doing the whole "diet" thing. I now tell my self I am just simply eating healthier. Although I have gotten better about eating alone, I am wondering how do I controll myself when I am out with friends. For example, the other night I went out with a group of friends, and that whole day, I had about 3386 calories. Can anyone give me advice on how I can stop the eating out nightmare?
angiem6
angiem6
Canada
2008/05/26, 06:47 AM
Don't try to do it all at once if you really want to make permanent changes. Change one or two things at a time. For instance - this week focus on making sure you are drinking enough water. Maybe next week make sure that you are eating breakfast every day, then start adding more salads, then more veggies etc. When I decided to start eating healthier thats what I did. I focused on eating breakfast very day, then made sure my snacks were healthy, and then that my lunch was healthy, and after about 2 months, I have now added in dinner. Read through alot of these older posts and you will find out alot of great foods that you should be eatng - if you are knowledgable when you go out to eat - you can choose less calorie dense meals that provide a good portion of your daily nutrients. If you are out all day with your friends - make sure you eat a decent breakfast at home, and choose either lunch or dinner to eat sensibly and then have a "cheat" meal with the other one.

The slowly changing things has made these permanent changes in my life - that's why I didn't try to "diet".
I hope this helps some.
paintballhottie
paintballhottie
United States
2008/05/26, 09:52 AM
Thank you.!. Since a lot of reasturants now have the calories and stuff on their menus, I try to eat at a place where I can look at the menu and "see" what I am eating. I know the daily plate website has a lot of menus and food. So, I am thinking before I go out to eat I can just look on there and see how many calories and stuff I am eating.

I know I should take it one step at a time, and I have tried to. However, I always end up getting ahead of myself and try to do everything at once. And, I know my body is like, "okay, what are you doing to me."

But, I suppose all I can do is try and try again, and harder and harder. And hopefully, eventually, I will get it.
Thank you.
Andrea~
ecle5c
ecle5c
United States
2008/05/27, 08:25 AM
Do small things when you eat out: no fried foods, salad dressings on the side, hold the mayo, steamed veggies rather than a loaded baked potato, order the small portion, only eat half the meal and take the rest home, water or unsweetened tea instead of soda, etc.

Pick one or two of them for each meal and they'll help cut that 3,300 calories down drastically.