Group: New Members Greet & Meet - Introduce yourself

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 1537, Messages: 27036

Officially introduce yourself to the community by sharing your goals, obstacles or accomplishments. Don't be shy.. we're all here for the same reason. The more support we share the easier it will be to reach our goals!

Join group

Hi, Newbie

squeakybear
squeakybear
United States
2013/11/03, 01:04 PM
Hi, I'm a college student.  Working on trying to lose weight.  I was able to drop about 80 lbs when I first moved here, but since then, I've gained a little and need to get it back off.  Now, I have even more motivation.  In two months, I'm presenting at a national conference.  I will be representing my school.  I need to look my best.  I know even when I lose another 40 lbs, I'll still be overweight.  I'd still like to have lost at least 40 lbs by the conference.
dreamseeker3
dreamseeker3
United States
2013/11/04, 12:26 AM
Welcome, congrads on the weight loss, I am new here myself. I don't really have a lot of advice but find myself so excited about my new choises in life I will tell anyone that will listen. I joined a gym dread mill is great the eliptical is killen me. The funny thing is I can not wait to get back to the gym and push to do 10 mins nonstop. Hope to hear from you. Have a great day! Angela
bdattel
bdattel
United States
2013/11/05, 03:01 PM
Hello Squeakybear, 

Welcome to Free Trainers. The best way to lose weight is to eat healthy, do cardio and weight training. Remember to drink lots of water as it keeps your body hydrated, suppresses your appitite and cleans out the toxins. Muscle burns fat just by being there, it helps make your metabolism  work better. I am a college student as well and all that thinking burns carlories too;) Good luck on reaching your goals.

Brenna
squeakybear
squeakybear
United States
2013/11/11, 01:13 PM
dreamseeker3
Welcome, congrads on the weight loss, I am new here myself. I don't really have a lot of advice but find myself so excited about my new choises in life I will tell anyone that will listen. I joined a gym dread mill is great the eliptical is killen me. The funny thing is I can not wait to get back to the gym and push to do 10 mins nonstop. Hope to hear from you. Have a great day! Angela

---
Isn't it great to see the weight coming off!  I've also found walking outside on the ice is sort of a cardio workout.  Nothing gets your blood pumping like knowing you're likely to fall.