Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

Hi Ladies!

skeld2001
skeld2001
United States
2001/03/08, 02:45 AM
I know this is no mans land but I just wanted to check in and maybe hear how everythings going with your programs. Besides, if ya'll post a few success and insirational replies you just might spark my wife into action. She's a notorious nonexerciser who will most likly have me shot if she ever reads this post. I had a program made for her here on FT and she got fired up for about 20 min. I got her a membership at the gym told her about the pool, the suna, the whirlpool, the steam bath ect..... never got her out of the house!!! Whats a guy to do? This has been going like this for 18 years....sigh... Don't care about her being a hard body just her health.
kellyolson
kellyolson
United States
2001/03/14, 11:12 AM
Maybe it's just not catching her interest. If she wants to get healthy, it's got to be for her and her alone. I'm not much into body building but I've started doing it because it's quality time that I can spend with my husband while our little girl is sleeping. What I'd much rather be doing and what we'll be starting come spring, is tennis. I love tennis and that gives me the motivation to work harder at it and getting into shape. Ask your wife what she likes and get involved! Nothing motivates me more than my husbands support. Hope this helps!
skeld2001
skeld2001
United States
2001/03/15, 07:20 PM
Yeah it helps thanks. When we lived in AZ. I got her up into the mountains to hike every week. Now we are in texas by the coast. The only physical activity I can get her into here is body boarding. My problem with that is that when the water temp is below 75 you can't get me within a mile of the coast:)Oh well I'll just have to keep trying till I find that thing that will get her going. Thanks again.
ChrisYi
ChrisYi
United States
2001/06/08, 03:48 AM
I've not been a big cycling fan until I've been in Taiwan a year. My main mode of transportation is by an electric bicycle. The easiest level of pedaling is like a stationary bike, but I can make my life hard by turning the power off. That's pedaling about 28 kg. Which is about 62 pounds around. That's about the same as pedaling up some hills. Ford is suppose to have an electric bike. It's worth the money and time. I love mine to death. Hope this helps.
Chris