Group: New Members Greet & Meet - Introduce yourself

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 1537, Messages: 27037

Officially introduce yourself to the community by sharing your goals, obstacles or accomplishments. Don't be shy.. we're all here for the same reason. The more support we share the easier it will be to reach our goals!

Join group

Hi - Just Joined

RobertLerner
RobertLerner
United States
2002/05/01, 11:54 PM
I'm Robert and just found this community and very helpful site. I was researching what to look for in a personal trainer when I found this. Actually, this is just what I need to start off, anyway. I need help with a program to lose weight and a place I can chart my progress and discuss issues with others. Also, I like group support.

I successfully quit smoking in Jan of 2000 but put on a lot of fat since. I'm 6'1", 265lbs wear about a 48 waist. I'm miserable and finally setting out to change things.

Also exercise helps keep my depression at bay, which is commonly a problem with former smokers. So, I need to lose the wieght and stay in shape. This will not be a passing fad for me.

I filled out the site's database for an exercise program and the nutritional thing as well. I'll continue to get familiarized with the site and look forward to starting.

I'm off now for a long brisk walk - trying to break my system into getting active. <g>

Thanks,
Robert
Philia2
Philia2
France
2002/05/02, 01:25 AM
Hello Robert and welcome in here. Please fill in your profile so we'll be able to help you better.

You have come to the right place, lots of very nice people in here.

--------------
- Nina :o) La vie est toujours aussi belle.....
RobertLerner
RobertLerner
United States
2002/05/02, 01:53 AM
Thanks, Philia. I found the Showcase profile and that seems to have worked. I thought my personal profile is what showed up in here. Thanks for letting me know that. I want anyone to know as much about me as possible if it will help them support me. <g>

I've printed out my workout routine and am getting familiar with the exercises in preperation for starting it on Monday.

I have a question about how to schedule some cardio routines into the schedule and what those would be. Should I ask that here or is there another discussion board for that?

Thanks again,
Robert
Philia2
Philia2
France
2002/05/02, 05:17 AM
Thanks to you Rob.

What exercise program have you chosen?

Cardio you can do as
1. the very first thing in the morning (on empty stomach)
2. after weight training or
3. on the non weight training days

Start with 20 mins 3 times a week and then slowly make it to 30-45 mins 3-5 times weekly.

Keep your heart rate down to around 60% of your max (you should be sweating a little but still be able to talk normally) Then after a while (maybe 2 months) you can try to do HIIT (look under the articles here at Freetrainers.com where HIIT is explained)

Okey? If I can help further then feel free to ask again!

--------------
- Nina :o) La vie est toujours aussi belle.....
rpacheco
rpacheco
United States
2002/05/02, 10:06 AM
Welcome to ft, Robert! Glad you've found us and we look forward to helping you achieve your goals! Feel free to ask us anything...

Good luck!

--------------
**_Robert_**
loubnak
loubnak
United States
2002/05/02, 01:39 PM
Hi Philia, this loubna, I saw a note in french in your note, do you speak french, cause I do to and I wish I could practice it alittle bit more with someone. Do you mind?
RobertLerner
RobertLerner
United States
2002/05/03, 04:16 AM
Nina, I chose the Weight Loss & Definition Training program as a beginner, out of shape, and want to workout 5 days per week. That may sound like a lot of days for a person like myself, but being self-employed I can make the schedule. Also, I've been exercising for the past few weeks to get ready for this. I'm willing to put it out to get faster results.

Because of depression, I have to exercise in some form every day anyway, so I might as well loose some weight from it. <g>

Is there a difference between "Cardio" workouts and "Aerobic" workouts? If I include some of them in my program, what would be some examples of the actual exercises? I also am not familiar with the whole heart rate thing. Where can I learn about monitoring my heart rate while doing these routines?

Thanks,
Robert
muscles-AU
muscles-AU
Australia
2002/05/03, 04:29 AM
Message deleted by moderator due to unsuitable content for this board.
muscles-AU
muscles-AU
Australia
2002/05/03, 04:30 AM
cardio is usually bike,threadmill,stepper etc.Aerobic is usually a number of exercises which get your heartrate up and keep it up for a while to burn the fat.

--------------
No pain No gain!So keep lifting to failure!