Group: Health Supplements

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 101, Messages: 16613

Supplements can be a great aid with your health and fitness goals. Combined with the proper exercise and nutritional plan they can be quite effective.

Join group

Hey guys can you help me out..asap

bouncer3322
bouncer3322
United States
2002/03/21, 10:36 PM
I got states judo tourny coming up on satuday...is there anything I can take to boost my energy in the morning...and give me extra power, but without gaining any weight. Will a protien bar or a protien shake do the trick?
Philia2
Philia2
France
2002/03/22, 02:13 AM
An ECA stack....... (be careful with this thing thou)
If no pills then drink two black coffees and take some vitamine C.
Eat a good breakfast and take a protein shake and a banana with you.

Good luck!!!!

--------------
- Nina :o) La vie est toujours aussi belle.....
quads123
quads123
Canada
2002/03/22, 08:16 AM
Ummmm ... if it's a drug tested event, ECA is a big no-no (ephedrine = stimulant).
quads123
quads123
Canada
2002/03/22, 09:04 AM
Okay, first question is (now that I've thought about it!): Have you made weight?

If you're nicely in the middle of your category (like 1-2kg) that's great. It's a bit late to carb load, but tonight, eat a plate of pasta w/ tomato sauce. You'll want to replenish your glycogen stores after all your running and weight training during the week. I'd probably suggest dropping your evening cardio if you do it. It won't hurt your diet ... save your energy for the mats on Saturday!

If you still need to lose some weight, DON'T not eat. Try a MRP or something light and digestible.

After weighing in on Saturday, again grab something to eat. Here, as Nina suggested, a MRP or protein shake is great. Try to stay away from fast food ... Subway is pretty good (but skip the mayo). You can probably consume these right up to your category. And don't forget to rehydrate! Water's good, but you may want to consider an energy drink (Gatorade, Cytomax etc) if your coach/sensei doesn't already supply it. You may have to experiment with the proportions (I like mine really watered down). This can be really useful in between fights to get some energy back ...

Finally, good luck on Saturday!