Group: Health & Fitness over 40

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 206, Messages: 2480

Group dedicated to men and women over the age of 40 that care about their health and want to take the fitness and nutrition down the right path.

Join group

Hey Brand new to Group

Zsammie
Zsammie
Canada
2010/08/21, 03:49 PM
Need some words of incouragement.... working class mom cant afford a gym program so here I am .... need to drop 100 lbs and dont drink or smoke ... just need to be alive and this is the first day of the rest of my life... I want to be health as my 3 yr old needs me I am the only parent she knows.... Anyone with some suggestions I will listen to anything right about now.... thanks in advance

Keep on Running..

Zsammie
sterlinglee38
sterlinglee38
Canada
2010/08/22, 12:42 AM
Just want to to say welcome and wish you all the luck. I'm new here too and nice to see someone else on here.

--------------
Peace,
Lee
judge23
judge23
United States
2010/10/25, 10:46 PM
Welcome to both of you. I just joined today and am hoping that this site get's me off the couch also. The only suggestion that I can give is to start off slow so you don't burn out and stop. Take a lot of walks with your 3yr old and eat right. See ya on the trail!

--------------
What doesn\'t kill me makes me stronger!
marksiddall
marksiddall
United Kingdom
2012/04/09, 05:00 AM
Zsammie
Need some words of incouragement.... working class mom cant afford a gym program so here I am .... need to drop 100 lbs and dont drink or smoke ... just need to be alive and this is the first day of the rest of my life... I want to be health as my 3 yr old needs me I am the only parent she knows.... Anyone with some suggestions I will listen to anything right about now.... thanks in advance

Keep on Running..

Zsammie

--zsammie hi im like you need to drop weight,i dont have confidence to go to a gym so ill be home exercising.your 3 year old is all the encouragement you need .i am doing this for me and my family.keep in touch lets conquer the weight together .good look .mark(from england)
marksiddall
marksiddall
United Kingdom
2012/04/09, 05:00 AM
Zsammie

Keep on Running..

Zsammie

--zsammie hi im like you need to drop weight,i dont have confidence to go to a gym so ill be home exercising.your 3 year old is all the encouragement you need .i am doing this for me and my family.keep in touch lets conquer the weight together .good look .mark(from england)
kennb10
kennb10
United States
2014/03/23, 06:06 PM
Zsammie

Keep on Running..

Zsammie

---H
Hey Zsammie
My name is Kenneth and I am new to the group but not new to fitness. Consistency is the key. Whatever plan you choose stick with it. Rome wasnt built in a day so stay positive. Have your last meal of the day by 7pm and between meal snacks should be healthy. To aleviate the stress this might cause in the beginning, schedule youlself a cheat day.  Hope this helps,
Now on to another topic. As I said I am not new to fitness but I have hit a road block. I'm 48 years old and stay pretty active, but I suffered a stress fracture in my foot a couple of  weeks ago so I'm limited in what I can do. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I plan on sit ups,push us,dips and squats but I'm open to anything. I will be in a cast for 6 weeks and dont want to lose ground.