Group: Competitive Bodybuilding & Fitness

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 21, Messages: 5367

Discuss the process of preparing for a competition on the sport of body building, fitness and more!

Join group

hes a ball playah

2004/08/11, 05:28 PM
22 needs to gain some weight/muscles Hes 22 6'3 colleigate ballplayer. Any suggestions with meals/lifting/ program.

currently weighs in at a whopping 185!!! This isnt going to get it for this pitcher. Help me help him. ;) Hes just beginnng to workout believe it or not. Thanks all:big_smile:
arondaballer
arondaballer
United States
2004/08/11, 10:26 PM
Tell him to eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches (on whole wheat bread) for snacks, drink skim milk before bedtime, and have a lot of protein within 30 minutes after his workouts. He needs to get at least 1 gram of protein per pound of bodyweight per day. NO low carb crap, but eat mostly complex carbs eat most of them in the morning and about an hour before workouts and some after workouts. Tell him to lift heavy. I've gained 15 pounds of muscle the past couple months and only about 5 pounds of fat, and I wasn't strict on the carbs, I ate sweets and stuff (shame on me), but if he eats the right carbs and keeps it clean, he shouldn't gain too much fat.

--------------
I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle-victorious.
--Vince Lombardi
"Decide what you want, decide what you are willing to exchange for it. Establish your priorities and go to work." H. L. Hunt

arondaballer
arondaballer
United States
2004/08/11, 10:29 PM
Also, a factor I didn't think about in that last post is that he's training for baseball. So, he should probably be doing some high-rep stuff with his shoulders for endurance for his pitching.

--------------
I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle-victorious.
--Vince Lombardi
"Decide what you want, decide what you are willing to exchange for it. Establish your priorities and go to work." H. L. Hunt

2004/08/14, 04:20 PM
Thanks Aron. I'll pass it on. I know HLH ;) wink
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2004/08/14, 10:22 PM
20 oz t-bone steaks! Brown rice!
And aron's advice.

--------------
"A will finds a way, failure is not an option"
Ivan
carivan@freetrainers.com
Montreal Canada
hecdarec
hecdarec
United States
2004/08/15, 09:17 AM
If he is in college, how come they don't have him on some sort of program. Most colleges have conditioning programs. Tell that boy to eat! Everything haha

--------------
You can cover up the flaws on your body, but there is no hiding a flawed personality.
arondaballer
arondaballer
United States
2004/08/16, 06:21 PM
lol that's what I did, gaining mass is a whole lot more fun that getting cut...cept for when the abs come out

--------------
--Vince Lombardi

2004/08/22, 08:39 AM
hahaha this is true guys. They do have a program at his university and hes working through that but never hurts to hear some info from the ones who have walked the walk. :big_smile: