Group: Health Supplements

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 101, Messages: 16613

Supplements can be a great aid with your health and fitness goals. Combined with the proper exercise and nutritional plan they can be quite effective.

Join group

Help with supplements advice

jonnnyko
jonnnyko
United States
2006/07/13, 11:25 PM
Hey my littler brother is starting football camp and is going through camp and is also beginning weight training but my question is what supplements would be good to have him start on or if any at all. All I could think of right now was Protein and glutamine. But was wondering if that is a good idea and what your thoughts about creatine, and L-arginine AKG/NO products for him too. Thanks

--------------
Jonathan (jonnnyko@hotmail.com)
*** Nothing Is Real but Pain Now ***
2006/07/14, 04:53 AM
he doesnt need any of it....he'll make good gains from lifting right and eating well....
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2006/07/15, 08:43 PM
Lyle McDonald summed it up pretty dam good...

Here's what is needed to gain muscle

Proper training.
Adequate building blocks (protein).
Adequate dietary energy (to support protein synthesis).
That's it. No supplements, no magic pills, no potions, no powders are required to build muscle. Are some useful or convenient? Possibly. But none are required.

So, to gain muscle, first you need a non-stupid training program.

The key is progressive tension overload, forcing your muscles to do more work (more weight on the bar) over time. ALL good muscle-building programs have getting stronger as their focus. That's the only way to get bigger for a natural lifter.

--------------
Maximus from Gladiator....Strength and Honor!