Group: Competitive Bodybuilding & Fitness

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 21, Messages: 5367

Discuss the process of preparing for a competition on the sport of body building, fitness and more!

Join group

HELP!! With Diet

mattawesome
mattawesome
United States
2005/06/28, 12:41 PM
:( My diet sucks. For a while I was doing low carb to lose fat. Then I started following FT plan as far as how many carbs, fats, ect. I need in a day to gain mass. I'm never in one place long, and eat out of corner stores a lot. Now I can find the right type foods there, but I still have a littl bit of that unwanted fat around my waist and mid section. I know cardio is needed to help burn that fat, and I'm doing it, but I need a better diet to. Tell me some of your deits please. Now remember I'm on a mass builing program. Please help out.

--------------
If you can't hang with the big dogs, go your little ass home.
bropie
bropie
Canada
2005/06/29, 07:25 AM
when i was at school, i was eating alot of lean chicken and rice, lots of whole wheat bread, milk, peanut butter, fruits and veggies.. plus whey. i was eating like a horse everyday, but i was not getting fat.. just the opposite. that was when i was in my best shape, i had actually lost alot of my abdominal fat and was looking very good. alcohol is a big killer im finding since ive come home for the summer, as well as pizza. my diet has become pretty lax as of late, but im trying to get back on track too.

remember you cant stay low carb forever.. once you reintroduce yourself to carbs, the weight all comes back. stick with complex carbs and fiber that will keep you satiated longer, veggies to help control insulin spikes and give you valuable nutrients. healthy fats, like olive oil, peanut butter, etc. are great to stimulate hormone activity, and keep your protein sources lean and plentiful. if you are eating out of corner stores, look out for preservatives and unnecessary fats in foods (ie choc bars, etc. im sure you know what to watch for) and corn syrups. stick to their fruit, if any, sandwiches, water, granola bars, etc. the important thing is to not be tempted by sweets and high fatty foods.. stick to your guns, and maybe even stop off at a grocery store instead of a corner store
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2005/06/29, 11:48 AM
Yep, carb intolerance can be a result of too low a carb diet. Though it does work, you can nvever go back to your old way of eating.

A complete lifestyle change is what must take place. Occasional indulgence is ok, but not like it used to be!

--------------
If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything....

bb1fit@freetrainers.com
mattawesome
mattawesome
United States
2005/06/29, 01:29 PM
So, what is your diet plans. Tell me a little bit about your plans to give me a good idea. For lunch today. I had to drumsticks of smoked chicken, green beans, rice, and a hamburger steak patty. with unsweet tea, and followed by a protein shake.

--------------
If you can't hang with the big dogs, go your little ass home.