Group: Injuries & Rehabilitation

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 54, Messages: 4465

Dealing with injuries and learning how to avoid them is extremely important!

Join group

Help w/ workouts while injured

jlweakley21
jlweakley21
United States
2005/09/08, 04:18 PM
I wrestled for six years, and while i wrestled i tore 3/4 of the cartilage in my right knee and injured my sholder badly. i don't want to take time off to have surgery and i want to find some good workouts to do until my shoulder can heal(not much chance of my knee healing on its own)would appreciate any mass building workouts that i can do while i am hurt
DougD
DougD
United States
2005/09/08, 08:37 PM
J

I wrestled for many years and tore up my shoulders through-out my career. About 2 years ago I had each shoulder scoped and repaired...they are 100% and stronger then ever. My shoulder mass has always been large and I wanted to keep it that way ...thus the surgery. I don't think you would regret surgery! I don't know what to recommend with bad shoulders as I was not able to work that area until I fixed them. I am sure you are aware that shoulder pain will also occur while you work other areas.

Get that shoulder fixed!
DougD
DougD
United States
2005/09/08, 08:41 PM
Have you ever torn a tendon in the bicep. I have a post out there trying and am trying to get some input. My weight training is at a stand still until I get this fixed or until it heals on it's own. Going to an Ortho Ped surgeon tomorrow.