Group: Injuries & Rehabilitation

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 54, Messages: 4465

Dealing with injuries and learning how to avoid them is extremely important!

Join group

HELP - Upper tricep injury

jpnole
jpnole
United States
2005/03/02, 01:16 AM
On Dec 10th 04 I injured my right tricep on the inside/upper region of the muscle (NOT elbow area) close to the shoulder. I did it doing heavy weighted dips. Laid off 2 wks & still felt pain when doing pressing involving the tris. The pain came on when approaching failure. After some frustration, I went to Doc in Jan & he said to avoid anything causing the pain, which I did. I had several pain free (although lighter weight) workouts through early Feb. Last week (Feb 21 05) I re-injured it while benching. I was not going heavy, only 165lbs, which I did pain free for 12 reps the week before. Doc & myself were surprised & he ordered an MRI of the shoulder which was negative. There is pain & stiffness present when positioning my arm above shoulder height in a folded position (imagine hand on clavicle with elbow held high). There is no pain when arm is resting at my side. Iced it right away after injury. Anyone out there experience this type of injury? Just how long of a lay off should I take? Any suggestions for rehab? I'll lay off as long as I have to for this to heal. All advice is welcome... thanks.

Jason