Group: Injuries & Rehabilitation

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 54, Messages: 4465

Dealing with injuries and learning how to avoid them is extremely important!

Join group

help! may have torndistal biceps tendon

purduepv13
purduepv13
United States
2005/06/20, 06:54 PM
If you can help, PLEASE!

Scenario - I was doing a pull up/pyramid workout (10 pullups, 10 hanging abs; 9 pull ups, 9 hanging abs; 8...and so on down to 1. Of course I was a tad sore the next day and 2 days later. I think I may have mistook my muscle "strain" for muscle soreness. I was sore and could not put my arm straight at the elbow (normal for anyone who works your biceps hard every once in a while). Well, I think I may have strained it and just thought it was muscle soreness. I was "force stretching" my arms back to the straight position for like a day and a half. Then, all of a sudden, I noticed major swelling in my lower biceps, elbow and inner forearm areas. My motion is now even more limited than before. I feel like Tyranesourus Rex and my arms are killing me! Do you think I could have torn the distal biceps tendon?

If so, do I need to see a doctor about it, or treat it like a sprained ankle (ice and anti-inflammatories)?

PLEASE HELP - ESPECIALLY IF YOU THINK I NEED TO SEE A DOCTOR.
IAUMP
IAUMP
United States
2005/06/29, 02:21 PM
While I am not a doctor, it doesn't sound to me like you have torn your tendon (at least not totally). Normally a torn bicep tendon at the elbow results in the muscle rolling up on itself and creating a lump at the other end (shoulder). No matter what if the pain continues, or range of motion does not come back quickly, I would see a doctor and let them work on it.

--------------
Chad
John 3:16