Group: New Members Greet & Meet - Introduce yourself

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 1537, Messages: 27036

Officially introduce yourself to the community by sharing your goals, obstacles or accomplishments. Don't be shy.. we're all here for the same reason. The more support we share the easier it will be to reach our goals!

Join group

Help! I Need Somebody, Help! Not Just Anybody

Daninickel83
Daninickel83
United States
2019/01/01, 08:47 PM (Edited: Daninickel83 - 2019/01/01, 08:48 PM)
Hello & Salutations from the Midwest.

My name is Dani. I'll be 36 this year & I'm a single mom of an awesome special needs daughter. She's 10 going on 30 lol, if you're a parent you know how it goes. 

I may have posted before as I technically joined 6 months ago but I don't recall using the site really. This time, I hope for it to go different. And I apologize for the length of my introduction, or re-introduction.

I know it's cliche to say new year, new me. Jan 1st is a bad time to decide this, but truth is, this decision I didn't make more as it was made for me. 

See, a year ago yesterday, my mom was diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer metasized into her bones. She started to go down fast and ended up in a nursing home. I lived with her and she was my co-parent and best friend. This has led to me having to do a lot of growing up quickly. 

In the process, I started losing weight. I'm not shy so I'm gonna lay numbers out there. I was to what I call, my danger weight. 295 lbs. I always said if I hit 300, I'd kill myself.

Well instead, I started losing weight. And my pants didn't fit anymore. I had to buy a belt. I'd say the belt's too big now, if that's even possible. As of my last weigh in, which I now do quite frequently, I weighed 220. Here in lies the problem. I have been stuck between 220 and 230 for a couple months now. I can't get below 220 and I know it's possible.

I am proud of the 75 pound weightloss. But now I want more. And I want to tone up what I got. I want to get down to at least what I was when I was at my skinniest. 175. It's not that far off. It's actually insight.

So tomorrow I will start some of these exercises. But what I need is support. Friends. Someone to hold me accountable as I don't hold myself that very often.

God Bless ya'all & good luck in your journey of 2019.

Dani
onehotpapa
onehotpapa
United States
2019/01/02, 07:03 AM
Daninickel83
Hello & Salutations from the Midwest.

My name is Dani. I'll be 36 this year & I'm a single mom of an awesome special needs daughter. She's 10 going on 30 lol, if you're a parent you know how it goes. 

I may have posted before as I technically joined 6 months ago but I don't recall using the site really. This time, I hope for it to go different. And I apologize for the length of my introduction, or re-introduction.

I know it's cliche to say new year, new me. Jan 1st is a bad time to decide this, but truth is, this decision I didn't make more as it was made for me. 

See, a year ago yesterday, my mom was diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer metasized into her bones. She started to go down fast and ended up in a nursing home. I lived with her and she was my co-parent and best friend. This has led to me having to do a lot of growing up quickly. 

In the process, I started losing weight. I'm not shy so I'm gonna lay numbers out there. I was to what I call, my danger weight. 295 lbs. I always said if I hit 300, I'd kill myself.

Well instead, I started losing weight. And my pants didn't fit anymore. I had to buy a belt. I'd say the belt's too big now, if that's even possible. As of my last weigh in, which I now do quite frequently, I weighed 220. Here in lies the problem. I have been stuck between 220 and 230 for a couple months now. I can't get below 220 and I know it's possible.

I am proud of the 75 pound weightloss. But now I want more. And I want to tone up what I got. I want to get down to at least what I was when I was at my skinniest. 175. It's not that far off. It's actually insight.

So tomorrow I will start some of these exercises. But what I need is support. Friends. Someone to hold me accountable as I don't hold myself that very often.

God Bless ya'all & good luck in your journey of 2019.

Dani

---

Hey Dani,

Sorry to hear about your mom, yet super proud of you and your regimine.  I have been able to loose some stuborn weight while in Ketosis and intemitent fasting.  I woud be happy to assist if you have further questions.  

Happy 2019!

Ken