Group: General Fitness & Exercise

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 379, Messages: 54577

Various general exercise related discussions. Find out what it takes to reach your fitness goals through daily effective exercise. With so many options we try to find out what works best.

Join group

Help before Beach!

corvetten20
corvetten20
United States
2008/07/04, 10:45 AM
Hi, guys and gals long time since my last post. Let me update really fast. 6'0" 194 lbs.

3 rep flat max is 240
3 rep squat max is 335
3 rep military press 155
3 rep deadlift is 345

Dont know if that helps but heres a little background. Been working out pretty consistently for 2 1/2 years and have come a pretty long way. Have always had trouble with the diet and cant seem to get to a point im really happy with. Either not enough mass/muscle or not cut enough. I currently pretty cut in the upper body but my lower is a bit soft. Soory for the long description but the camera and iphone but crapped on me.

Anyways I keep my diet clean for the most part (sneak in a candy here and there)and im an energy fiend(5 hour energy and red bulls). Since i quit inter league basketball I have no cardio. I have 10 days until vacation and want to lean out just a bit. Im going to stick with my 4 day workout but am thinking ill tone them down a bit and do 6 days of cardio for 30 minutes. What to you guys think, will it work if i stay committed?

PS> I really struggle with breakfast. Its either 5 eggs, or Granola cereal, cant eat oatmeal. Please help in this department to. Sorrry for the long post but its been a while. Thanks
DGJ3
DGJ3
United States
2008/07/06, 01:59 AM
Although there are no quick fixes when it comes to diet, low carbs may make you look leaner or more "cut". I would just continue to do what you said in your post, and perhaps cut down on the carbs a bit. This will provide a firmer look to your body, and hopefully make you feel more comfortable when youre at the beach.
hardnfit
hardnfit
United States
2008/07/07, 02:51 AM
Hang wide hand from a pull-up bar, raise your legs (straight) as high as you can & then hold for as long as you can, return to start slowly. Work your way up to 3 sets of 15 reps. If you hvae never done these you should figure about 12-16 weeks to work up to the full 3 sets.

--------------
mind and body, like man & wife, never always agree w/each other.