Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

Hello, I'm New and have a few ????

hviglo
hviglo
United States
2003/04/15, 05:02 PM
Hi, I just joined this past weekend, and everyone seems so supportive and motivating. I just have a few questions... How many calories should I be eating a day ? I'm 5'6' and weigh 133. I am trying to tone up some more and lose about 10 lbs. I have a pretty clean diet. I'm confused on cardio as well. I've heard every day is ok, but then I hear 3 days is good. I know losing fat and gaining muscle at the same time is a slow process, but I want to make sure I'm doing it right. I currently lift 3 days a week. Back/Bi - chest/tri/shoulder - legs I was doing cardio 5-6 days a week, but was told that's too much. I was doing 30 min on the lifting days and 45-50 on off days. I just changed it to every other day 45-50 min. I'm so frustrated and confused right now. I just need some guidance. I've been lifting for over a year but just got serious about 4 months ago. I am also eating between 1600-1800 calories a day - the last two have been closer to 1700. Is that too much? Sorry so many questions. I appreciate any input. thanks in advance.
gwindalyn
gwindalyn
United States
2003/04/15, 10:14 PM
I'll let the specific diet/exercise advice come from someone else. :) I'm fairly new myself and don't want to lead you wrong. Just wanted to say welcome to the site!!

--------------
~Jennifer

http://www.gwindalyn.com
ebabe1026
ebabe1026
United States
2003/04/16, 05:03 AM
Hviglo, I just read your profile & congrats on being so dedicated to get healthy! :)

As for your question, it seems like it's time to change up your routine a bit to shock your body. If you've been doing the same sort of cardio so often your body becomes a bit immune to it. I suggest you only do cardio 3x per week for 30 min max, try a few HIIT sessions. There's an article posted under about it, just do a search.

It may also be time to go heavy on your weight training & change up the exercises, again to shock your body & challenge it. Try doing ONE body part per day & really go heavy with the weights to failure.

Take a look at your diet as well, keep it clean & balanced with complex carbs/protein/fiberous green veggies.

Hope this helps! :)

--------------
You only get ONE body, take care of it and it'll take care of YOU!