Group: Health & Fitness over 40

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 206, Messages: 2480

Group dedicated to men and women over the age of 40 that care about their health and want to take the fitness and nutrition down the right path.

Join group

Hello All!

frugal
frugal
United States
2004/05/25, 06:43 PM
Hi, posted earlier, but forgot to say hello! Hello!! I am new and I am already enjoying the interaction. I moved 3 years ago to a secluded area down south where not many talk to me because I'm a darn yankee (at least that is what I am told, maybe I'm just odd!), but that's ok, I'll make due, but it is soooo nice to have people to chat with on the weight training and weight loss issues and it is free! I hope that I can help others and will surely enjoy talking to you! Up until my cancer 10 years ago, I was a fanatic about exercise and healthy eating...so I cannot blame my bad habits on ignorance as I am bountiful in knowledge - and now in fat! Anyway, I am married to a great man who has his interests but not any I am terribly thrilled about and I kinda forgot in all these years of raising a family what my inerests are (I think I had some!). Our sons are 13, 18 and 20 and the 20 year old is married and I am a grandmother to a beautiful grandson and certainly looking the stereotyped part of a grandmotherly type - - but, hey, what happened to that lively, energetic, youthful, happy, active person that I used to be? I don't know, but I am sure hoping I find her!! Love to hear from those of you that know what I'm talking about, but if none of you do, that is probably why I don't have any friends, lol!!:laugh:
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2004/05/25, 06:53 PM
hello frugal and nice to have you here with us. Enjoy the boards and hope you reach your goals.

--------------
"A will finds a way, failure is not an option"
Ivan
carivan@freetrainers.com
Montreal Canada
sandysford
sandysford
United States
2004/05/26, 02:01 AM
Hey isn't being a grandmother the biggest thrill ever, I have two grandchildren and they are the light of my life. Welcome to FT:)

--------------
THE NATURAL WAY IS THE ONLY TRUE PATH TO SUCCESS, PRIDE, JOY, HAPPINESS, LONG TERM FULFILLMENT AND SELF-ESTEEM!
ustaszewski
ustaszewski
Canada
2004/05/26, 09:54 PM
Hello frugal, welcome here, I'm 55 and still waiting
to be a granddad.You are lucky.
frugal
frugal
United States
2004/05/27, 10:33 AM
Hi all! It is a great thrill, but I have only seen my grandson once since June of last year and I miss him soooo! My son lives up north and I am down south and it is such a bummer, but I love them all soooo much, I told my son I was going to take my grandson for a month down here, spoil him rotten, and then do as the priviledge of all grandparents - send him back that way!! LOL!