Group: New Members Greet & Meet - Introduce yourself

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 1537, Messages: 27036

Officially introduce yourself to the community by sharing your goals, obstacles or accomplishments. Don't be shy.. we're all here for the same reason. The more support we share the easier it will be to reach our goals!

Join group

Hello

dreamseeker3
dreamseeker3
United States
2013/10/20, 02:09 PM
My name is Angela, I just join a gym and find myself a little lost. I hope to connect with others that are in the same boat as myself. I am 47 yo and weighed in at 364 lbs, the only good part is i put 375 as what I though i weighed. This fast talking a little annoying man began to lay out a plan for my future secess. For my first workout he had me on a treadmil that he turned on and told me to walk for at least 20 min or 30 if I thought i could do it. The one thing he left out, how to turn the treadmil off or as i relized on my second visit how to turn it on.I have done two trips to the gym the trainer who was devloping a work out has disappered. Overall I am still hopeful and reachout online. Look forward to talking to youall.
bdattel
bdattel
United States
2013/10/27, 12:58 PM
Hi Angela,

One of the best ways to stay motivated is to have fun. Did you enjoy the treadmill? Does he have you doing any toning excercises? How about a healty diet plan? Just want to know so I can help you out. You have made a great decision and I want to help you stay on track if I can.  

Brenna
dreamseeker3
dreamseeker3
United States
2013/10/28, 12:44 AM
Thank
bdattel
bdattel
United States
2013/10/28, 12:04 PM
Let me know how it's going for you, maybe I can help you out sometime.

Brenna
dreamseeker3
dreamseeker3
United States
2013/10/28, 11:47 PM
Thank You for your responce, i never loved a tredmill more after using the eliptical, my knee has swollen up real bad and he said the eliptical would be better for my knee. I dont belive him right now, yes to the toning. I am on a three days a week chest is fist day, legs on 2nd, and and shoulders on fri. On weekends i do what ever I want. As for a healthy diet i am struggling with the amont of cals and carbs. I am diabetic and have avoided carbs all my life. , Dont take it weird but you look amazing. Thank you for reaching out!
bdattel
bdattel
United States
2013/10/29, 12:13 PM
Thanks you, I don't think its weird, I think it's nice to be complimented. I agree with your trainer the eliptical is better on your knees. I just find those machines so boring, except the rowing machine. I love my step aerobics but that can be rough on the knees as well. I try to keep it low impact. I am also a big fan of the stability ball for the core. I have a small collection of workout DVDs and workout at home with them. I also have a weight bench and an olympic wieght set that I do my own routie with. 

I love sugar too. I eat it in moderation. I must admit I have days when I am not so moderate.:) I try not to eat processed food. Most of the nutrition has been removed and weird crap added. Yuck! There are tons of websites with healthy, easy to prepare foods. Remember, you have to watch what you drink too. I like Pepsi but I don't drink it everyday because it makes me gain wieght. Also, remember to drink lots of water. It flushes your body, curbes your appitite and keeps you hydrated. It's wonderful stuff. 

Your doing great, keep up the good work. You will feel so much better.:) 

Brenna
dreamseeker3
dreamseeker3
United States
2013/11/03, 07:29 AM
Ugh, the eliptical is Killen me. When I can do 20 mins nonstop I will surly celebrate. Each day seems to be bringing a new pain or soreness and in a weird way I love it. My new found energy is awsome. I wouked some overtime today and got off work, picked up the grandkids and went the the waterfrount and play in a windstorm. it was awsome. Have a great day!  Angela
bdattel
bdattel
United States
2013/11/03, 09:58 AM
It's called the pain of accomplishment and it feels awesome. You doing a great job and your grandchildren will be so happy because grandma can play with them. Your feeling stronger and having fun, what more can you ask for?:)

You have a wonderful day Angela.

Brenna