Group: Specific Diets & Nutrition

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 104, Messages: 22775

With so many diets and nutritional plans out there, you can get lost. Find out what works best for others and share your experiences!

Join group

Hardgainer. Avoid fats or seek them?

lifeartist
lifeartist
United States
2007/04/25, 09:24 PM
I'm a hardgainer. Everything I read tells me to pack in the carbs and proteins but avoid fat. Why is this? I've been able to put on 15 lbs in 2 months and I'd say seeking out foods like Mcdonalds value meals along with doubling my regular diet and adding protein shakes has done it. Am I shooting myself in the foot by eating garbage?
2007/04/25, 09:33 PM
What have you been reading???? And yes you are shooting yourself in the foot by eating that crap. All your answers are on this site. Use the fitBuddy search at the bottom of the screen.

--------------
Those who want tolerance must be tolerant to intolerance.
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2007/04/25, 09:51 PM
The only true 'hardgainer' is someone who does not have their diet in order. You need more calories intaken if you find yourself in this category. For the true 'hardgainer', most anything is fair game. However, health issues may become a concern with eating too much crap. Some in moderation will surely help you though.

--------------
"If it ain't broke, you aren't trying."

lifeartist
lifeartist
United States
2007/04/25, 11:10 PM

============
Quoting from KA:

What have you been reading???? And yes you are shooting yourself in the foot by eating that crap. All your answers are on this site. Use the fitBuddy search at the bottom of the screen.

=============

I've been reading "Muscle & Fitness", "Men's Health", "Men's Fitness" and some books. It seems easy to find info on losing weightt but alot harder to find info on hypertrophy.