Group: Men's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 252, Messages: 6838

A place for men to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

Hands

1 2 of 2 pages resultset_next resultset_last
Lecter
Lecter
France
2005/06/23, 04:26 PM
I've been using an FT workout program for 3 weeks and, I've noticed that the gloves I wear are getting tighter! Is this due to the weights (I know this is a silly question):dumbbell:

Thanx

L.

--------------
Cerca, trova
sstump1
sstump1
United States
2005/06/23, 05:04 PM
No it's cause your hands are getting smaller. :laugh:

I guess it could be the weights building your hands up slighty, or could be perspiration if they have leather seams then they could be shrinking.
sstump1
sstump1
United States
2005/06/23, 05:06 PM
No it's cause your hands are getting smaller....oops bigger!

I screw up the dumbest jokes.
DX14AG
DX14AG
United States
2005/06/23, 06:17 PM
Are you gaining any fat weight? If so this may be the cause of the tight gloves. I doubt that anyone can gain so much muscle in their hands in 3 weeks for their gloves to start getting tighter. Are you noticing that the gloves are tighter before or after workout? I think it's totally normal for the gloves to feel tighter after the workout. I always have trouble taking mine off after the workout.

That was a pretty dumb joke there sstump1 lol don't screw any more up.

DX
PoolMaster1990
PoolMaster1990
United States
2005/06/23, 08:54 PM
maybe ur getting muscles in ur hands lol

--------------
That\\'s the fastest time ever run - but it\\'s not as fast as the world record!
-- David Coleman
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2005/06/23, 09:11 PM
depending on the materials.....your sweat can caase them to draw up.......personally I don't like gloves.....

--------------
gravity is not a law, only a obstacle
Lecter
Lecter
France
2005/06/24, 08:07 PM
Well, I think it may also be the heat and humidity that made them swell.

Thanx people

L.

--------------
Cerca, trova
DX14AG
DX14AG
United States
2005/06/24, 08:44 PM
I'm sure that's it. Don't worry about it.

DX
mmaibohm
mmaibohm
United States
2005/06/24, 08:47 PM
lecter ditch the gloves has a negative affect on your grip. ALso callouses are the battle scars of the gym wear them proud.

--------------
I am that
which must be feared, worshipped and adored. The world is mine
now and forever.No one holds command over me. No man. No god. I am ANIMAL! and that is enough.
Lecter
Lecter
France
2005/06/25, 04:54 AM

Mail,

Uh considering that I'm already missing part of my left thumb due to a parachute accident, and other various scars, I'll leave it at that. Did you know that women look at a man's hands right after they look at the face? I don't want Frankenstein hands! Thanx though!

L.
============
Quoting from mmaibohm:

lecter ditch the gloves has a negative affect on your grip. ALso callouses are the battle scars of the gym wear them proud.

=============

--------------
Cerca, trova
DX14AG
DX14AG
United States
2005/06/25, 01:03 PM
Yeah that's what I heard lecter. Every time I shake one of my girlfriends (girls that are friends) hands, they're like, "eww! you have rough hands!" I'm with you lecter, I'll keep the gloves on.

mmaibohm, what are the negative effects that gloves give to your grip?

DX
bropie
bropie
Canada
2005/06/25, 02:44 PM
yeah right dag.. girlFRIENDS... we all know your a pimp :big_smile:
Lecter
Lecter
France
2005/06/25, 02:52 PM
Bropie, you could have told me! Do you think he can set me up with a few?

============
Quoting from bropie:

yeah right dag.. girlFRIENDS... we all know your a pimp :big_smile:
=============

--------------
Cerca, trova
RandomGirl
RandomGirl
United States
2005/06/25, 03:05 PM
wait a minute..

I dont have a problem with rough hands on a guy..
I'm trying to imagine a man with soft hands...hmmm..interesting thought...

But its a good question how bad using gloves will affect grip. I hope not too much!
I bought a pair recently becuz my callouses started to tear and thats pretty rough for a chics hands to get

not so good to brag about on a girl..
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2005/06/25, 06:56 PM
ok "girls"... if your hands are dry.. put some lotion on at night......the kind with moisterizers , aloe and vitaman E

If I shake a guys hands and they were as soft as a girls......I think he went to spa a lil too much.

--------------
Lecter
Lecter
France
2005/06/25, 07:05 PM
Hey Andy! who's the cheer-leader, here?:big_smile::laugh:

============
Quoting from bigandrew:

ok "girls"... if your hands are dry.. put some lotion on at night......the kind with moisterizers , aloe and vitaman E

If I shake a guys hands and they were as soft as a girls......I think he went to spa a lil too much.

=============

--------------
Cerca, trova
mmaibohm
mmaibohm
United States
2005/06/25, 07:57 PM
dx the gloves take away from the amount of force you are able to exert when you squeze. I did not mean to offend any body! they are just a fashion symbol for working out at my gym gosh I hate ballys. And lec budy I am missing half of my left big toe due to a shop accident. But I still wear sandals ha!! :big_smile:

--------------
I am that
now and forever.No one holds command over me. No man. No god. I am ANIMAL! and that is enough.
bropie
bropie
Canada
2005/06/25, 08:19 PM
i dunno.. i find the gloves help alot, esp with holds like deadlifts.. i chalk up my fingers too mind you
Lecter
Lecter
France
2005/06/26, 03:47 AM
No offense taken! As to the fashion remark, I only work out at home (the closet gym is 40 miles away) and as to your 2nd remark, how much can you bench with your toes?:):laugh:

============
Quoting from mmaibohm:

dx the gloves take away from the amount of force you are able to exert when you squeze. I did not mean to offend any body! they are just a fashion symbol for working out at my gym gosh I hate ballys. And lec budy I am missing half of my left big toe due to a shop accident. But I still wear sandals ha!! :big_smile:

=============

--------------
Cerca, trova
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2005/06/26, 10:13 AM

I'm gonna be the bigger man here......both metaphorically and pound wise....and leave the cheerleader remark alone.

Because I like what I do....I enjoy it........and when you can take a 120 girl.......throw her from the ground and catch her with one arm......we will talk k?

mail.... doesn't bench with his toes......but he does do squats and deadlifts......

============
Quoting from lecter:

Hey Andy! who's the cheer-leader, here?:big_smile::laugh:

=============

--------------
Lecter
Lecter
France
2005/06/26, 10:52 AM
It's nice to see that your spelling is getting better.

L.

============
Quoting from bigandrew:

I'm gonna be the bigger man here......both metaphorically and pound wise....and leave the cheerleader remark alone.

Because I like what I do....I enjoy it........and when you can take a 120 girl.......throw her from the ground and catch her with one arm......we will talk k?

mail.... doesn't bench with his toes......but he does do squats and deadlifts......

=============

--------------
Cerca, trova
Lecter
Lecter
France
2005/06/26, 11:54 AM
Isn't it strange that by asking a simple question that some meat-heat (judging by his picture)comes along and gives his worthless two cents!Guess he's been working his mouth muscles too much!

End of story.

L.

--------------
Cerca, trova
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2005/06/26, 11:58 AM

============
Quoting from bigandrew:

depending on the materials.....your sweat can cause them to draw up.......personally I don't like gloves.....

=============

--------------
Lecter
Lecter
France
2005/06/26, 12:03 PM
Quote from BA

Couldn't expect more from a guy from TN.

--------------
Cerca, trova
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2005/06/26, 12:13 PM
I gave you my suggestion(s)........you said you have to have them cause you have scares and part of a thumb missing.....is why you have to wear gloves.....which I don't see why......the scares are already there....and the thumb is gone too...I have scares on front and back of my hands from working around dogs( being biten).....

Never has a girl told me... I can't date you your hands are to rough and scared up.....

If you don't like my opinion fine, dont' take it....I like to hold the bar.....in my hand....I have better traction/ friction between my hand and bar....

for a guy thats 39.........your very jumpy....i'm done here......take all the jabs at me you want.....but one day you may actually need my help......for somthing.....and your not gonna get it.

--------------
Lecter
Lecter
France
2005/06/26, 12:32 PM
The help you need, son, is from a 5th grade reading teacher!

============
Quoting from bigandrew:

I gave you my suggestion(s)........you said you have to have them cause you have scares and part of a thumb missing.....is why you have to wear gloves.....which I don't see why......the scares are already there....and the thumb is gone too...I have scares on front and back of my hands from working around dogs( being biten).....

Never has a girl told me... I can't date you your hands are to rough and scared up.....

If you don't like my opinion fine, dont' take it....I like to hold the bar.....in my hand....I have better traction/ friction between my hand and bar....

for a guy thats 39.........your very jumpy....i'm done here......take all the jabs at me you want.....but one day you may actually need my help......for somthing.....and your not gonna get it.

=============

--------------
Cerca, trova
mmaibohm
mmaibohm
United States
2005/06/26, 07:50 PM
OK guys lets play nicely in the sand box!! enough of this bickering.

--------------
I am that
2005/06/27, 04:12 AM
lol....

don't even see the reason for their argument...or personal attack...

I used to wear gloves...went through probably 5 different kinds, including female type gloves....however, lifting without them...helps with the grip(not having that extra material thicken the handles/bar) and better traction betwene bar and hands....but to each his own...

who even cares about spelling in an online forum? are you a literature professor and it offends your love of the languange(lol)?

btw lets have some consistancy...BA is either a cheerleader(very obvious poke at his masculinity...albeit surprising...would't expect it from someone close to 40) or a meathead(very masculine but nothing upstairs stereotype)....otherwise it doesn't make any sense....even insults have to have some structure to them...lol...
ksmith2474
ksmith2474
United States
2005/06/27, 11:05 AM
wow, how old are we?

lecter stop taking everythig so personal and being so defensive all the time. your the one asking the "silly question" as stated at the beginning of this thread. i've noticed your 'defensiveness' in a few other posts too. all andrew was doing was giving you his opinion...after all you asked for it.

and i must say, the rougher the hands on a man the better. shows what kind of 'man' he is. it shows that he's not afraid to use his hands and he works with them well...which in my book is a good thing. :big_smile::laugh:

i was a cheerleader in high school andrew, i give you credit, sometimes i think the guys have it rougher than the girls. keep up the good work.

i agree with menace...is he a meathead or a girl? he can't be both...

love ya andrew....btw i don't think you're a meathead or a girl, i think you're great...after all we think alike!

p.s. did i misspell anything lecter? what's my grade?

--------------
Kristi

There are no endings, only new beginnings
ksmith2474
ksmith2474
United States
2005/06/27, 11:09 AM
oh, and i almost forgot...if a guy touched me and his hands were softer than mine, i might wonder how much time he spent in the shower with my hand lotion or my conditioner. :):laugh:

i think a lot of girls are with me on this one...

--------------
Kristi

There are no endings, only new beginnings
Lecter
Lecter
France
2005/06/27, 02:38 PM
Lecter quote:

“I've been using an FT workout program for 3 weeks and, I've noticed that the gloves I wear are getting tighter! Is this due to the weights (I know this is a silly question)

Thanx

L.”

OK, maybe a silly question but it’s one that I felt needed to be answered.

BA quote:

“depending on the materials.....your sweat can caase them to draw up.......personally I don't like gloves.....”

Good! Very much appreciated, THANK YOU (again)

Lecter quote:

“Well, I think it may also be the heat and humidity that made them swell.

Thanx people

L.”

To me this means “Thank you! End of story”

Mail quote:

“lecter ditch the gloves has a negative affect on your grip. ALso callouses are the battle scars of the gym wear them proud.”

Fine, this is his personal options!

Lecter quote:

“Mail,

Uh considering that I'm already missing part of my left thumb due to a parachute accident, and other various scars, I'll leave it at that. Did you know that women look at a man's hands right after they look at the face? I don't want Frankenstein hands! Thanx though!

L.”

This is the reason I were gloves.

BA quote:

“ok "girls"... if your hands are dry.. put some lotion on at night......the kind with moisterizers , aloe and vitaman E

If I shake a guys hands and they were as soft as a girls......I think he went to spa a lil too much.”

Uh, what can I say? Calling other men “girls” no smiley no nothing! Smells like a very insecure young man out there?

Mail quote:

“dx the gloves take away from the amount of force you are able to exert when you squeze. I did not mean to offend any body! they are just a fashion symbol for working out at my gym gosh I hate ballys. And lec budy I am missing half of my left big toe due to a shop accident. But I still wear sandals ha!! ”

Fine!

Lecter quote:

No offense taken! As to the fashion remark, I only work out at home (the closet gym is 40 miles away) and as to your 2nd remark, how much can you bench with your toes?

How much can he bench with his toes? This pertains to the fact that he wears sandals despite of his injury (get it? Fingers, toes?). I have part of my thumb missing due to an accident, where I should have been wearing gloves; I just don’t want my hands to look beat up (I think that’s my right)

BA quote:

“I gave you my suggestion(s)........you said you have to have them cause you have scares and part of a thumb missing.....is why you have to wear gloves.....which I don't see why......the scares are already there....and the thumb is gone too...I have scares on front and back of my hands from working around dogs( being biten).....

Never has a girl told me... I can't date you your hands are to rough and scared up.....”

I never said that I wore gloves because I have scares on my hands. The reason “why” is because I don’t want anymore!

Menace quote:

who even cares about spelling in an online forum? are you a literature professor and it offends your love of the languange(lol)?

This one is too unintelligent to answer

wow, how old are we?

lecter stop taking everythig so personal and being so defensive all the time. your the one asking the "silly question" as stated at the beginning of this thread. i've noticed your 'defensiveness' in a few other posts too. all andrew was doing was giving you his opinion...after all you asked for it.

and i must say, the rougher the hands on a man the better. shows what kind of 'man' he is. it shows that he's not afraid to use his hands and he works with them well...which in my book is a good thing.

i was a cheerleader in high school andrew, i give you credit, sometimes i think the guys have it rougher than the girls. keep up the good work.

i agree with menace...is he a meathead or a girl? he can't be both...

love ya andrew....btw i don't think you're a meathead or a girl, i think you're great...after all we think alike! (Really scary)

p.s. did i misspell anything lecter? what's my grade?

oh, and i almost forgot...if a guy touched me and his hands were softer than mine, i might wonder how much time he spent in the shower with my hand lotion or my conditioner. i think a lot of girls are with me on this one...

Well, Wilma, Fred will be home soon…

Randomgirl quote:

I'm trying to imagine a man with soft hands...hmmm..interesting thought...

The defense rests.

L.

--------------
Cerca, trova
RandomGirl
RandomGirl
United States
2005/06/27, 03:01 PM
?

Bropie and DX and BigA were in on the discussion of women preferring softer hands..

you're iether very sensitive for some personal reason or you're very egocentric to assume that everything everyone says is about you...

I will assume the former is true because you've quoted only half of what ppl have said on this thread, including me. I was speaking to everyone discussing womens preferrence of hands, nothing was directed to you personaly. I am sorry if I offended you.

Lecter
Lecter
France
2005/06/27, 03:26 PM
No offense given, none taken. You're right though, I was only talking about glooves. Next time I have a question, I'll just adresse it to the people I know, by instant message. It'll keep me from hearing from the riff raff (I personally do not consider you one, randomgirl; and I quoted you to make a point)

Ta,

L.

============
Quoting from randomgirl:

?

Bropie and DX and BigA were in on the discussion of women preferring softer hands..

you're iether very sensitive for some personal reason or you're very egocentric to assume that everything everyone says is about you...

I will assume the former is true because you've quoted only half of what ppl have said on this thread, including me. I was speaking to everyone discussing womens preferrence of hands, nothing was directed to you personaly. I am sorry if I offended you.

=============

--------------
Cerca, trova
mmaibohm
mmaibohm
United States
2005/06/27, 03:41 PM
uhm big andrew is only 22 and in college where did 40 come from:surprised:

--------------
I am that
RandomGirl
RandomGirl
United States
2005/06/27, 03:49 PM
It's cool. I just wanted to be sure that I havnt accidently offended anyone. Opinions are like bellybuttons, everyone has one and they're all a little different.

GL
mmaibohm
mmaibohm
United States
2005/06/27, 03:50 PM
Uhm lecter I was reading you last post there. This is a group environment. Every one will most likley put there 2 cents in. please there is no need to be combatative and name calling "rif raff" is unwaranted! your idea to PM whom you would like is a good idea. Clearly if you post publicly you will be opening to public scrutiny and what ever else may come along. Any question feel free to PM unless I fall under Riff Raff then never mind.

--------------
I am that
fsdsk
fsdsk
United States
2005/06/27, 05:09 PM
For the record, I used gloves today :)
2005/06/27, 07:33 PM
lol, i made it into his very thorough analysis.....you pointed out that andrew makes spelling mistakes and then didn't want to explain why it bothers you so much?

if the gloves serve as added support and to hide the finger which you may not be comfortable showing off....fine....my apologies...didn't even read it that way....I read it straightforward.....

my friend on this topic told me he likes using gloves because he thinks his gf would prefer uncallussed hands....during the....

good day
fsdsk
fsdsk
United States
2005/06/27, 07:51 PM
I think I looked really cool wearing the gloves too!
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2005/06/27, 08:41 PM
lector is 39......

============
Quoting from mmaibohm:

uhm big andrew is only 22 and in college where did 40 come from:surprised:

=============

--------------
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2005/06/29, 09:46 AM
Boy, all this from a question about gloves.

Lecter - watch the name calling (riff raff) and everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

I wear gloves because otherwise my wedding ring gets pinched into my hand and hurts a lot. I know, I could take it off, but I tried that and woudl forget and get to the bench and, darn it, there is that ring! Uncomfortable.

Now, I am used to gloves and feel that putting them on helps me get into the zone for working out - they signal to my brain that it is lifting time!

Let's all calm down and figure that lecter's gloves are shrinking, Andrew's hands are scarred but attractive, randomgirl is inoffensive and we all could use a spellcheck occasionally.

--------------
It\'s easier to go down a hill than up it but the view is much better at the top.
-Henry Ward Beecher
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2005/06/29, 09:48 AM
PS - there was a huge guy in the gym yesterday and I looked at his hands and he was wearing those cotton gardening gloves that have the little rubber bumps on them....
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2005/06/29, 02:45 PM
i've seen welding gloves lol

--------------
sstump1
sstump1
United States
2005/06/29, 02:47 PM
I was working in the yard yesterday and putting some chicken wire along the bottom of my fence to keep the dog from digging under it and used cotton gardening gloves.

That chicken wire hurts if it pokes ya!
fsdsk
fsdsk
United States
2005/06/29, 05:11 PM
I use big snow mittens!
2005/06/29, 06:28 PM
I was thinking of getting gardening type gloves we sell at our store...they are pretty good...kinda thick though
sstump1
sstump1
United States
2005/07/01, 10:18 AM
I use treesap!
fsdsk
fsdsk
United States
2005/07/01, 05:25 PM
you know I got some tree sap (pine) a few day ago - it is harder than hell to get off

============
Quoting from sstump1:

I use treesap!
=============
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2005/07/01, 05:59 PM
fsdsk - you are such a joiner!:)

I suppose if I said I used duct tape and taped my hands to the weights you would say 'I used duct tape today!' ? :big_smile:

No offenese meant, btw.

--------------
It\'s easier to go down a hill than up it but the view is much better at the top.
-Henry Ward Beecher
fsdsk
fsdsk
United States
2005/07/01, 09:17 PM
I joined a committee at work today! :laugh:

============
Quoting from asimmer:

fsdsk - you are such a joiner!:)

I suppose if I said I used duct tape and taped my hands to the weights you would say 'I used duct tape today!' ? :big_smile:

No offenese meant, btw.

=============
1 2 of 2 pages resultset_next resultset_last